Lots of Steering wheel slop

It's a lot of work. My buddy just did his last week. He's done several including mine years ago. You have to tighten 3 bolts way down inside. It's a bitch to do but if you are patient you can do it.

There is a pretty handy tool to get the locking ring off as the tool holds the part back away from the clip.

I just did this last week using the video that TireFryer linked. It is well done and can get you through everything you need. I went to NAPA and they had all 3 custom tools you need (get their brand). Expect to have to go forward and backwards a couple of times.

Remember to disconnect the battery before doing this.

From experience, the less you can take apart and get into inside the steering column the better. Danger lurks from within :(

I’d just take it somewhere. But I don’t trust anyone to do it properly lol. With that vid and the help of my dad I’m sure I’ll be able to get it.

When I got into this and weeks after being deep inside, I wish I would have gone ahead and removed the entire shaft and sent it off to the steering wheel shaft people who only do these for a living. The guy via phone was very professional and after spending many frustrating hours working on it, the $200 or so would have been worth it to have it gone over and taken care of. Steering Column Parts, Replacement, & How to Instructions

I’d just take it somewhere. But I don’t trust anyone to do it properly lol. With that vid and the help of my dad I’m sure I’ll be able to get it.
Yep, do it right and do it yourself!
I dont trust the skills of "repair shops"
If you mess up, your more likely to care and fix it properly.