loss of high end power

446 rwhp with a te44 and stock heads??? Was this on the same dyno both times and were you there for all of the pulls to watch what the cars doing. Plenty of factors play in to dyno numbers. Hell was the conv locked
yes, same dyno, i was there to watch, and the converter was locked.

Looks a lot like every car I’ve tuned with similar. Never got anywhere near 5700rpm. I stopped testing at 5200 on most of them because the engine would never be beyond that in the quarter. Engine doesn’t have the steam to pull it especially with a locked converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, same dyno, i was there to watch, and the converter was locked.
i was questioning the torque (663) which was waaay over the horsepower!. you can feel the car lay down at the end of second, and when it shifts to third it pulls much harder.

If it was spooled at 3300rpm and converter locked that’s probably close on the torque though it’s a useless number since the engine will never be that low during a pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you over octane you can lose power. an easy example is if you put c16 in your car and dont add timing and make the same boost it will kill the power.

I was clueless of this until a friend educated me last week. Was all set to purchase c16 and he advised me that 110 Sunoco would make more power with the current setup/tune.

I was clueless of this until a friend educated me last week. Was all set to purchase c16 and he advised me that 110 Sunoco would make more power with the current setup/tune.
you really have to go after it on the c16.some milder combos really need a leaned down afr and alot of timing to utilize that fuel.