Loose door windows

Holdenbr

i need some advice on how to tighten up my door windows
I have a lot of air leaks at the back top corner as well as where the door window meets the T-top corners
I had all rubber replaced but the windows in the doors are so loose they just don't put enough pressure against the rubber.
Does anyone still sale the door channels or the entire components for the door windows?
I've looked on Kirbans and some other Buick sites. I just think the entire guts need replaced but not sure who to take it to in the Tulsa area.

Just caught this thread....what you need is our window rattle kit for both doors part number I think 7071 also the booklet we sell entitled the window rattle book.

that is what you need in parts....the tough part is finding a skilled person that can do the install and have the end result be that the glass meets the seal holding a dollar bill tight...I suggest you see what other turbo owners in the Tulsa area of have done...should that fail....seek out a body shop that does restorations and hopefully find a skilled person there.

A non skilled person can make it worse than it is so you want to find someone that is familar with the car doors and windows...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban does sell a window rattle fix kit, also a book. There are also several threads on repairing and replacing slow windows. Or you can fly Pete from Kirbans to Tulsa and he's the window guy.

A good body shop should be able to adjust the glass . PM gunzandgears , he is near by .

Just caught this thread....what you need is our window rattle kit for both doors part number I think 7071 also the booklet we sell entitled the window rattle book.

that is what you need in parts....the tough part is finding a skilled person that can do the install and have the end result be that the glass meets the seal holding a dollar bill tight...I suggest you see what other turbo owners in the Tulsa area of have done...should that fail....seek out a body shop that does restorations and hopefully find a skilled person there.

A non skilled person can make it worse than it is so you want to find someone that is familar with the car doors and windows...

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Thanks for the advice, I am looking for other turbo owners in the Tulsa area as well as recommended restoration shops.
I actually bought the rattle kit from you and had it installed but the window is still loose and I was told I needed the rails. Maybe I picked the wrong installer?
If you look, I have purchased quite a bit of stuff for my car from you and would certainly be interested in buying the rails if you have them.
Question: would the window rattle book you mentioned tell me how to resolve the loose window and tighten it up or just how to stop the rattle? If it does, I will take one please.
I see where Gene mentioned I could fly out Pete. Not sure if Pete has done this for Gene but I will see what I can find in the area first. But I will keep that open as an option.
Rod Holden

If you take the top half of the door panel off you will see most of the adjustment brackets. There is a metal one on top of the door with felt glued on it. You might just need to tighten this bracket (move it outward against the glass) or stick more felt on it. The fuzzy half of a Velcro kit works good and is sold at parts stores.