Looking to upgrade! What turbo?

DCVING

Hey guys, Just want some info and ideas on what turbo/injectors to run on my car next year. I have been very pleased with the performance the stock unit has given me, but I think its maxed out, along with my Injectors. The car is pretty stock the only mods on the car are.

stock 3.8 109 engine with 352k miles on it great oil pressure
stock heads I think
stock cam I think
stock turbo ported
stock TB
Hooker Dual 2.5 w/aerochambers exhaust
Strech Intercooler w/ ported neck custom made by Clem Sousa
Old school turbo dump out fender
Red street and race chips re-calibrated by Clem Sousa
Adj fpr, 340fp w/ racetronics hot wire kit
stock trans w/ shift kit and stock converter
17psi on the street and 20psi at track w/ 117octane
stock suspension w/ air bags
Car has gone 12.2 at 111 w/ 235 drag radials and a 1.74 60ft, it also made 355hp and 500lbs of torque at Mike Dez's Racing.

Im looking for mid 11s this season but I do drive the car during the nice season I dont mind driving a beast but do want something adaquette. All Ideas considered. Need to let the wife know were her money is going.:D

Depends on how much you want to spend. The 44-49s are good for the stock converter, you only really need to upgrad the injectors. If you are willing to change the converter, the sky is the limit.

the 61 seems to be a popular turbo just above the 44/49, but you'll need a looser converter and some 60lb injectors.

Above that you're looking at a 3500 stall converter 72 lb injectors, and a 64/45/67/70 turbo.

Each step gets exponentially more expensive.

My vote is to keep injectors, and buy an alky kit. More fun on the street, adds the needed fuel for more boost. Then a TE-60, TE-61, PT-54, or something like that.

Only 352,000 miles, wow, that thing is still a baby:D

I do plan on getting an alky kit due to me not wanting to pay 8.50 a gallon for race fuel anymore and having to pump it out is a pain too. Yeah Only 352k miles knock on wood, plan to pull the pan down again to check the lower end. I just got the car in July and had a great conversation with the orig owner who was a jewlery repair man and drove the car all around the tiny state of RI and rarely ever made it out either, , he put about 310k on it and sold it, but it was always maintained at the dealer. I know the cam sproket broke at 200k and the dealer went throught the whole motor at that time and also replaced the heads,cam,and everything else that was needed, they also droped the pan to do and inspection and all was great. He was also the proud owner of the #7 GNX that he got the same time he got this White Turbo T. Thanks for the suggestions.

BLACK6PACK- My wifes pockets are deep but I dont want to empty them too fast so I guess I want to spend a decent amount but not going crazy. Also a converter is in the works I think a 3k stall mabey a 2900. I do like the numbers guys are running with the 49 so I might go that route.

Could also try the GT32...............You were the first car up that day right? I have 3 of those turbos here people wanted me to get for em and never showed...............What a shock. Give you a good deal on one.

Russ I am going on vacation down south for the rest of the month I will get back with you when I get back. If you sell them before then Well thanks for the offer if not I might be interested. Happy Holidays Jon P

Vid

I meant to tell you too I have a pretty decent video clip from the dyno meet of your car. I am however having trouble sending them through space to other computers.

video of dyno day

Hey Russ,

I have a nice video of your car at Mike dez dyno day.. I just sent it to you... Great Car..!!

take care,
Shawn
rhode island

Russ, what turbos are you selling?? I am looking for 2 turbos that are upgrades for the 87 gn turbos.

Thanks
Craig