Looking to fix dent in door and replace bumper fillers - best primer/paint?

fitz3820

Hi guys,

Looking to fix a dent in my door and paint new bumper fillers. I need to strip the door to bare metal as the stock lacquer (87 GN) is cracked/checked.

Just wanted to know what is the best primer/filler/paint for a driver GN and a DIY job?

Thanks in advance.

Mark F. 87 GN 11.5 @ 115

You'd probably be OK with whatever brand your local NAPA or independently owned auto parts/paint supply shop sells. I think NAPA sells Martin Senour paints if I remember correctly. My local independent guy sells Western brand stuff. Never had a real problem with either. When the day comes to do your car up right, spend the extra money on something like PPG for your supplies.

Great, thx - sounds like a plan - will use the good stuff at some point when I repaint the whole car.

I used eurocoat urethane primer. tough stuff, just don't make the mistake of using it on fillers like I did. The primer fills and lays nice though.

Dupont is great, pricey but worth it. and Martin Seneour is the same thing as the Sherwin-Williams dimension like, which is great if your on a budget. i assume your using solvent based opposed to waterborne cause if water borne is do able, do it, overall better than solvent/urethan based color coats.