looking to buy this TTA

yosimdisam

Banned
Hey im interested in buying this 89 tta from a friend and would like to know what I can look for to make sure its the real thing. The VIN is 1G5FW2177KL235276
He seems to have all the right paper work on it all the factory stuff like the black box with all the stickers and key chain, tape, and owners manual. Its a hard top with leather and 59k miles. I know he thinks its 100% and would never do me wrong but just to make sure he wasnt screwed be for I start counting out cash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes its a real TTA. I did a quick carfax and it shows it as a SE and according to the TTA VIN list it is car #189. And you should see a turbo boost guage in the tachometer.

If you don't mind me asking how much are you going to pay for it? I am only asking becuase I might be looking to sell me TTA w 50K miles and wanted to get an idea of what I might get for it.

Thanks,

Rob

Well I went ahead and bought it tonight I really like to alot, yea its a hard top with leather thats really the only reason i went ahead and got it b/c my mustang and my gn are not running right now so the money could have been spent on other things but o well its something I can keep and its going to be worth something one day. I just really dont like it having almost 60k miles on it i wish it was lower but its not. Its got a few things im going to do to it, but I am going to keep it stock (if its all I can do) ill try to get some pics over the weekend so yall can see it.

Post some pics when you have a chance. By the way, how much did you pay for it. I.m also looking to buy a hardtop TA.

Hey im interested in buying this 89 tta from a friend and would like to know what I can look for to make sure its the real thing. The VIN is 1G5FW2177KL235276
He seems to have all the right paper work on it all the factory stuff like the black box with all the stickers and key chain, tape, and owners manual. Its a hard top with leather and 59k miles. I know he thinks its 100% and would never do me wrong but just to make sure he wasnt screwed be for I start counting out cash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cool, let us know if you get it ... !

Yep that VIN is a hardtop / leather and originaly sold in CA ...

Well I went ahead and bought it tonight I really like to alot, yea its a hard top with leather thats really the only reason i went ahead and got it b/c my mustang and my gn are not running right now so the money could have been spent on other things but o well its something I can keep and its going to be worth something one day. I just really dont like it having almost 60k miles on it i wish it was lower but its not. Its got a few things im going to do to it, but I am going to keep it stock (if its all I can do) ill try to get some pics over the weekend so yall can see it.

Wow cool ... share some photos with us all please !!!

I drove it to work today and took some quick pics. pictures do not do this car justice its really nice. I was showing my friend the car last night and we went to autozone in it and he said give it some gas and let me feel it so I did and he said my stock GN will out run this thing, I said man your crazy. He said gas on it again and he said O yeah ill out run this, I said ok ill tell u what when we get back to my shop u go get that piece of **** and come up here so hes talking **** the whole ride home so when we get back he leaves and goes to get his buick he gets back and we go from a dead stop I dont put the car under any boost cause I know it would spin like crazy so after 3 honks he leaves hes about half a car on me when I start so I just put it on the floor board and leave it in drive before I get to second were even by the top of third im lookin at him in my rear view I pull over and im running my head and hes sayin he was spining and said go to the interestate and I said its gonna be worse for u on the big road. We get on the interestate I said just go when your ready he goes and I really leave him this time, but its all in fun and games. O by the way his buick is completly stock except for a cold air intake and hooker exhaust I put on it about 2 yeas ago.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of trans am 007.jpg
    Copy (2) of trans am 007.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Copy (2) of trans am 008.jpg
    Copy (2) of trans am 008.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Copy (2) of trans am 009.jpg
    Copy (2) of trans am 009.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Copy (2) of trans am 010.jpg
    Copy (2) of trans am 010.jpg