Looking to add a GNX turbo set up on my 1998 C1500 4.3 v6

C15GNX

As the title says... I want to add a GNX turbo set up onto my 4.3 v6. Everyone tells me to ls swap it, but i have no interest too. My truck has a ridetech air ride set up and staggered 20's very nice truck. But more importantly my father bought it new and he ordered it with a v6. So the v6 is here to stay. It looking like the stock exhaust manifold should bolt right up, but im trying to put a parts list together, id love to go with oem gnx parts to have as much of a factory look as possible. Any thoughts? What computer would i use, etc....

Attachments

• c1500 side.jpg
    c1500 side.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 51
Buick> Chevy v6
Nothing will "bolt right up"
Everything is better with an X at the end, time to stop it haha.
Your best searching and parts sourcing are Typhoon and Syclone parts.

As the title says... I want to add a GNX turbo set up onto my 4.3 v6. Everyone tells me to ls swap it, but i have no interest too. My truck has a ridetech air ride set up and staggered 20's very nice truck. But more importantly my father bought it new and he ordered it with a v6. So the v6 is here to stay. It looking like the stock exhaust manifold should bolt right up, but im trying to put a parts list together, id love to go with oem gnx parts to have as much of a factory look as possible. Any thoughts? What computer would i use, etc....
The original 4.3 was never intended to be boosted.
Your better off with a better platform but if you really want to put a turbo kit on it you will need to keep the boost low
My friend has an s10 with a buick v6 64mm turbo 8ntercooler on a stock ecm running axis its flies.
Needed alot of work to get things to fit though.

Better fit and ease of transition would be a 4.1 Cyclone/Typhoon complete drive train, ECM and dash.

You have a LOT of work ahead of you. Best of luck!

If your NEW in the Buick v6 world Unfortunately in this day and age anything short of an LS boosted swap your going backwards ,few reasons,
Too hard to source parts if you dont know anyone.. (expect Buick engine builders to be 15 months out if your not good friends with them)
Really hard to acquire the turbo v6 knowledge without years of studying this crap...
Too expensive too finicky you need the stomach for it, forget anything that ends in X ,not gonna happen LOL
Not trying to discourage you in any way just facts....and Welcome Aboard !!

Perform more research.

Consider aftermarket belt driven blower.
I have not been able to find a blower that fits right. Also I have a belt driven York 210 that feeds air to my air ride system. Makes it more complicated. There was a blower for my application but they stopped making them. Can't find one... Been looking around for a while

I have not been able to find a blower that fits right. Also I have a belt driven York 210 that feeds air to my air ride system. Makes it more complicated. There was a blower for my application but they stopped making them. Can't find one... Been looking around for a while
The 4.3 is a 350 with 2 cylinders lopped off right… I’d think most 350 small block superchargers would work? Look for something like a vortec centrifugal blower. Look up turbo v6 on YouTube and you can message him on Instagram. He’s got a 4.3 turbo s10 that runs 11’s

TurboV6 runs 11’s on stock boosted engine and a GM ecu. He has lotsa good info you can use.