Looking for Wheel and Tire Ideas (Yes been threw the rim post like 9 times lol More questions

Ya I kinda like those but dont wish to be the same as everyone else and dont want black wheels on my all silver and chrome T

They have some Super Stock II wheels that would look nice on a silver and chrome T.

FA76768D-3C64-4AC0-8D26-BA940E40B0E1.jpeg

Na looking for something more Modern I guess
Was looking at these but still not sure I like them

man, those look good

They Are Different than most I have seen on a GN OR T leaning more in that directions Also going to see what I can find in the BMW Wheels if any have the correct offsets to work since the bolt spacing is the same may get lucky but then again I dont have that kind of luck lol.
When I find some thing Ill buy it and post up some pics :)

That's a nice looking wheel.

Ya the more I look at them the more I like them. Wife likes them so maybe thats the ones still browsing them. Just cant swing $5000 for a set of Wheels I wish I had that kind of cash but I dont with a Wife who has horses and a son that wants every thing under the moon I just cant justify it lol.
When I was younger Im sure I would have just gone a head and bought them but now at 49 years old I stop and think what else I need that money for :unsure::rolleyes:

18 in wheel and low profile tire dose not like potholes. 50 profile tire on a 16 wheel will turn as good as a Gbody car stock suspension can take. They will cut a corner but lots of coins. 16 in tire selection is smaller than 18. A 215. 225. 235 X15 All work up front 235 can rub on bump in a corner.

There are some nice looking Ttype with 18 but not at your budget and road conditions, not trying to be a naysayer.

I’m old and like the older cars with lots of rubber on the wheel.
My wife XT turbo Forester looks good with 18 and 225 -55 X18

18 in wheel and low profile tire dose not like potholes. 50 profile tire on a 16 wheel will turn as good as a Gbody car stock suspension can take. They will cut a corner but lots of coins. 16 in tire selection is smaller than 18. A 215. 225. 235 X15 All work up front 235 can rub on bump in a corner.

There are some nice looking Ttype with 18 but not at your budget and road conditions, not trying to be a naysayer.

I’m old and like the older cars with lots of rubber on the wheel.
My wife XT turbo Forester looks good with 18 and 225 -55 X18

Ain't that the truth, these sidewalls get any narrower and you may as well get some solid forklift tires. Often thought it must feel like you're sitting on a wooden bushel crate going down the road. No thanks, I'll give up some handling to keep from getting hemorrhoids. And lots of times they look way out of proportion and high schoolish.

I really Dont agree the Rears will be 28" Tall still and thats a 3.25" Side wall in the rear (Roughly) Our Scat Pack Challenger has 20's and only has 1.5" Side wall and have no issues with pot holes or any thing. Pretty sure Ill be ok with them. To each their own I guess I just cant keep runing 3" Wide tires around this area to many Twists & turns around all the lakes and way to high of speeds all the time. (Min. is 60 55 posted but we all know no one does the posted lol) Its really tuff slow down to much in turns as people will get right on your rear bumper and then (DUMB AS IT IS!) Try to pass you in said turn! So it becomes really dangerous if its a high traffic time of day or even on weekends with all the lake goers in a hot hurry to get to there lake home and boats.
Ill finger it out might be till spring anyway seeing its Oct. Already and Ill be putting the car up in just a short time :( Really Hate fall and winter need to move to AZ or NV some place with better year round weather!

Your Challenge was designed around the the wheel and tire combo. The GNX had at the time low profile wheel and tire combination. And was no corner carver.
Several members have transformed theses straight line muscle cars killers into corner carving machines.
I live with lots of turns, I just pull over and let them go. And if the Richard Cranium slows down to 45 on the straight away I go by him with the tires smoking.
But keep looking you’ll find something that will make you happy, and if your happy I’m happy.
These cars tell everyone how we are.

They Are Different than most I have seen on a GN OR T leaning more in that directions Also going to see what I can find in the BMW Wheels if any have the correct offsets to work since the bolt spacing is the same may get lucky but then again I dont have that kind of luck lol.
When I find some thing Ill buy it and post up some pics :)

BMW is 120 mm GM is 120.67 mm. Their is just enough difference to give a little vibration at high speeds. If you don’t modify the lug mating surface. Even if the wheel is for a rear drive bmw, it will be high offset. 15 mm or more. I run a wheel for bmw’s. I use a wheel spacer that converts the bolt pattern and gives me the correct back spacing.

Let start this as saying I have always been a big Drag Racer and Love the look my Car has now with big and littles. BUT WE moved out of the city and to the Country where the roads are not straight and we live on a Dirt road (Only a 1/2 mile off pavement) average Cuise speed around here is 60mph (posted 55) and some of the curves are 60-80* so the skinnies aint working so well with someone up your ass its nerve racking to say the least. Plus to get to some of the bigger Car Events and Cruises we have a Min. 25 Mile drive some are 60 miles away so a More Street pot hole save set up is in order. Still want to stick with a good sticky rear tire though.
Im not looking to lower my car any time soon either. It also has a Drag type set up under it that Im not changing because the car hooks great now and its taken be a lot of time to get it this way.

Ok so over the last 3-4 years Ive been threw the show your wheel and tire thread 10-20 times. Thing is Im looking for some advice and images of Non LOWERED CARS Stock Ride height with 17-20" wheels. My big concern is the car looking like its lifted or setting way to high on the bigger wheel and tire set.

My next big issue is my trans is set up for a 28" Tall Tire so some how some way I need to stay as close to that as is possible so not to 1 have speedo issues but 2 dont want to throw the computer off as my chip is also set up for this size tire.

Ive seen a lot of cool wheels in the Thread many dont say offsets or width of wheel or what tire sizes so Id like to have this info with some photos. My budget is $3000 max (Wife set that lol) Id like to keep a Good Fat tire in the rear as my Wheel wells have rolled in lip and I have fit a 28X10.5 Mickey Thompson full slick and also a set of Hoosiers same size without issues. (Currently on 28 10.5 Hoosier quick time pro)

my car is silver with Dark Gray pin stripes and Im thinking Silver or Dark gray center (Depending on the wheel style) I love the HRE and Simmons wheels ive seen but I cant spend $6000-10,000 on wheels and tires.

So whats out there in this price range (Or just a tad above maybe)

I have attached a few photos of the current set up as well.

Thanks for your help and advice

Just for grins and giggles I googled Forgeline wheels and came across www.wheelsperformance.com . They are running Black Friday specials on Forgeline wheels already.
I inquired about the Forgeline LS3 wheel.

8B379DE4-DE16-4808-B7FB-1B6F35B2C84E.jpeg

An 18x9/ 18x10 set is normally $5600 on sale for $3600.
Maybe the style/ size you like are closer to the $3000 mark.
Check with Scot W at GNS Performance to see if he has the same deal.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how my 18" wheels and tires handle potholes. Cant really tell much difference from my 16's. Maybe because the tires are quite a bit wider then the 16's were. 285/35's in back and 255/40's in front.
IMG_1240 2.JPG