Looking for Stage 2 header ideas

Interesting for guys with dual inlet turbos how much this might help spool up....

On those headers, they would be nice if built for a really big mid frame t6 turbo.....you're about to find out maybe with the new stage ii blocks you have.

Speaking for myself if probably going to a stainless V-band single entry exhaust housing so it won't make a difference. With my switchable stall valve body I have no problems spooling a 96mm turbine anyway,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

!! Caution !! Theory question. (Probably opinions too)

Is there any flow advantage to the turbocharger with an equal length piping versus unequal/collector versus log style header design? How about with a twin setup on our relatively small displacement engines and restrictive exhaust housings? (Not taking into account space/fittament issues, that is)

Thanks, Rob

Is there any flow advantage to the turbocharger with an equal length piping versus unequal/collector versus log style header design? How about with a twin setup on our relatively small displacement engines and restrictive exhaust housings? (Not taking into account space/fittament issues, that is)

Thanks, Rob
then
Don't know about in theory or in practice. But I figured I would just play by all the general NA and Turbo rules when I built my headers. I thought if I was going to do it myself, then just take the time and incorporate all the crap people have said.

I used stainless.
I kept them short.
I made them equal length.
I didn't oversize the pipe.
I didn't cheat any radius by cutting angles across the pipe
I Provided easy access to plugs / flange bolts
I put the EGT bungs at easy to access location exact distances from head flange.
I used true merge collectors instead of 3 into 1's.
I had them Jet-Hot coated inside and out.

I wrote my little rule book and followed it. This required discipline but it seems to have worked very well. I'll never know if I could have done it better........ Because I'll never build another set for as long as I live.:eek:

Thanks, Rob

Well, My preference to more equal length headers is more for durability believe it or not. The real short tube on my ATR's seems to be the most crack prone and probably because of its rigidity and expansion difference from the rest of the longer tubes.
AG.

This guy Mike did a set for me..!! Not equal but work like Hell. I prefer the Crossover in front because it is very easy to take everything off from the top.

Twin Scroll Turbo sometimes called a twin scroll turbocharger or twin scroll turbine is an improvement to the normal or single scrollturbocharger.
The twin scroll turbocharger is connected to the exhaust manifold via two input lines leading to the turbine and two scrolls where separate wastegates controls the gases from each input.
The two input lines is used to separate cylinders whose exhaust gases would interfere with each other because of their firing sequence in the four stroke cycle therefore allowing a more effective flow of exhaust gases to the turbo.
The pulse of exhaust gases from the cylinders interfere with each other because the exhaust valves of one cylinder will be open when it finishes the exhaust stroke and begins the intake stroke and at the same time the exhaust valves of another cylinder will be opening as it begins the exhaust stroke.
This overlap could cause some of the exhaust gases from one cylinder to mix with the fresh intake of air/fuel of another cylinder thereby reducing the amount of gasses going to the turbo and it would reduce the power from the combustion of the fresh air/fuel mixture in the new cylinder.
Attention must now be paid to the firing order of the cylinders so no cylinder would be paired with one that directly behind it in the firing sequence. The design of the intake to the turbo ensures that the pairs don't mix.
When the gases reach into the turbo it rotates its own small scroll to spin the turbine. Although the entire turbo operates as one unit the separate scrolls act as small turbos separately but together form a large turbo equivalent to a single scroll turbo of the same size.
A twin scroll turbo offers the following benefits over normal turbocharging;
  1. More pressure is sent to spin the turbo which adds more boost.
  2. Reduction in turbo lag as the turbo can function as small turbos and a large turbo simultaneously.
  3. A larger quantity and better quality of fresh air or air/fuel mixture can be forced into the cylinders on each stroke.

This guy Mike did a set for me..!! Not equal but work like Hell. I prefer the Crossover in front because it is very easy to take everything off from the top.
I liked Mikes approach to your headers and is definitely the direction I want to go. I'm planning on switching the exhaust housing to a V-band promod style to save some weight and reduce the space requirements. I been told that no one typically losses any spool going from the T6 to the V-band. So far the parts are trickling in and had the header flanges cut to my specs and just waiting to earn some more cash to keep going with the project.
038.JPG

AG.

These are version for production heads.

We have started fabrication for sg2 heads also...

Lähetetty minun E6553 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

@calais1965...You need to take a quick road trip to Ft.Worth,Tx and build me a set of twins for my "Franken-transplant". Those are pretty! :D

I am interested ! Need a set for my 88 on the Stage engine, currently a 3 bolt flange with old ATR's GN1's, swapping to a true stage II head.
BUT will need a set for my street car once I swap the GN1's to it with my HP-T66.

Yep those are what I want for both cars, I think the pricing is spot on, the waste gates though.... that will hurt LOL