looking for quality BR Trans core

That's why I don't play golf. I'd rather put that money into the Buick ;)

22 years ago the "wife" said "It's the car or golf, choose".

I have a different TR now, I'm still shitty at golf, but I don't have a wife anymore............ ;)

Sorry, not sorry.

Pictures are hopefully coming back we haven't quite given up hope yet. There are some very interesting comments made, some quite telling... I am leaning towards a donation, honor type system. We need it as simple as possible and I do not need any more "laws" to deal with as was pointed out. I will have to speak to a lawyer I guess and see what pitfalls I need to avoid. I would like to provide an ad free version to those who are interested. I don't like the ads either but as of now it pays the bills.

Throw some ideas together and lets see where it goes. I am not a fan of the facebook deal ,too much privacy issues and I really don't like people much. I guess thats why I hang around with Buick comrades. Small group of social misfits :LOL:

22 years ago the "wife" said "It's the car or golf, choose".

I have a different TR now, I'm still shitty at golf, but I don't have a wife anymore............ ;)

Sorry, not sorry.

So we can take that she got the first Buick. :cry:

Throw some ideas together and lets see where it goes. I am not a fan of the facebook deal ,too much privacy issues and I really don't like people much. I guess thats why I hang around with Buick comrades. Small group of social misfits :LOL:

Yeah, f that fakebook plus I can't stand that asshole mark suckitgood, damn libtard.
Y'all know that some sites have P.O. Boxes where you can send donations and take paypal, etc. That might be something to try for a test run. Some of the best advice ever given was "KISS"
P.S. Not calling anyone here stupid.

Nope. That one was stolen 1 and 1/2 years after we were married. The union lasted 7 years.

Best you found out then, after 10 years they're entitled to half your pension. :eek:
Anyone else have that dream, more than once, about parking your Buick and when you come out its gone?

What's a "pension?"

A pension is a union geezer's parachute in retirement. To fund them unions have, for many years, stacked the cost upon the backs of "new" union guys, via dues , along with exorbitant "management" costs. They thought they would last forever.

As unions become more and more obsolete, those "new" guys will never see a pension. Just pay for them.

Here it comes..........

Last edited:
A pension is a union geezer's parachute in retirement. To fund them unions have, for many years, stacked the cost upon the backs of "new" union guys, via dues , along with exorbitant "management" costs. They thought they would last forever.

As unions become more and more obsolete, those "new" guys will never see a pension. Just pay for them.

Here it comes..........
3 years ago I got a personal invitation to sit down with my local electrician union top guy.. I went sat and listened, had no other choice as I could tell this guy didn't give 2 shits what I had to say, he wanted me to start the very next day with no notice given to my employer of 22 years at the time so as to burn all bridges.. I could tell it was all about exactly what u just described, ya in theory its a hell of a pay raise but when u factor in arriving in the the city sometimes 90 minutes prior to start time just to get a parking spot, pay dearly for that parking spot, pay your dues and $13 an hour into the Cadillac health plan as a single healthy guy (knock on wood) just to subsidize some lard ass family of 6 with chronic health problems from lack of striving, no paid time off, & most importantly for me having to raise my right hand and take an oath in front of a board of grown men well that's just not gonna happen already have a mommy and daddy , thank you very much. Still with the same "rat" company, havnt missed a beat in 25 years even through corona in fact they doubled my paid time time off for the year from 4 weeks to 8 not including 10 paid holidays... So glad I wasn't a sucker for that "quick reward"

Here it comes..........
Never a Union here. Went back to work at Westinghouse after NAM, which became ABB when Westinghouse crease to exist. went to work at Westinghouse in 1968 PT with the ITC program in high school. I was allow to court years in the Army And ITC as the same as working for the company. Went to Germany in 1988 with ABB came back to the states in 2008. ( that’s why my GN I got in Sept. 87 , it wasn’t driven for 20 years And only had 6,000 miles when I got back) . Retired in 2010 with 42 years. So I get a large pension. Never no Union. Westinghouse was the first plant to open in the south, 1954. Which was the start of trying to break unions.

"Westinghouse was the first plant to open in the south, 1954. Which was the start of trying to break unions."

And you went to work for them. They couldn't do it without still paying pensions back then. They couldn't compete against a union house without them

Today, it's not anywhere near what is was in '54.

Apples to oranges. Never said pensions aren't good, it's just they are a thing of the past and are a cost to hard working folks today.

Perhaps Westinghouse was wise in their investments, but they are OUT OF BUSINESS today, in part, because of trying to fund their pensions. You can't deny that.

Last edited:
"Westinghouse was the first plant to open in the south, 1954. Which was the start of trying to break unions."

And you went to work for them. They couldn't do it without still paying pensions back then. They couldn't compete against a union house without them

Today, it's not anywhere near what is was in '54.

Apples to oranges. Never said pensions aren't good, it's just they are a thing of the past and are a cost to hard working folks today.

Perhaps Westinghouse was wise in their investments, but they are OUT OF BUSINESS today, in part, because of trying to fund their pensions. You can't deny that.
Yes I can, as ABB bought the Meter division only. And they took over the pensions for that division only. As far as the other pension odlovations for Westinghouse people CBS is on the hook. However the last I look most of these folks have died off. Oh BTW. George Westinghouse is the father of vacation time. He was the first company owner to give one week paid vacation to all his workers. It was said that Henry Ford had a shit fit when he found out
And no they were not competing against any Union plant as the nearest one was five hundred miles north.Down here in those days you farmed work in a lumber mill, or a store. As there was nothing else.

Last edited:
Yes I can, as ABB bought the Meter division only. And they took over the pensions for that division only. As far as the other pension odlovations for Westinghouse people CBS is on the hook. However the last I look most of these folks have died off. Oh BTW. George Westinghouse is the father of vacation time. He was the first company owner to give one week paid vacation to all his workers. It was said that Henry Ford had a shit fit when he found out
And no they were not competing against any Union plant as the nearest one was five hundred miles north.Down here in those days you farmed work in a lumber mill, or a store. As there was nothing else.
f....ing Fords ....

Here it comes..........

Remember, if it wasn't for unions you'd have none of the benefits you have today, 99% of companies wouldn't give you the sweat off their ass crack unless forced to. The trouble with unions now is they have been led by shitbags that have forgotten where they came from and its all about enriching themselves off the backs of the members through monthly blackmail. I mean dues.
The public union officials see the taxpayers pockets as a bottomless pit to pick clean, they demand massive wage increases knowing that now they'll get one by raising dues every month.
If Jimmy Hoffa was still alive he'd beat the living snot out of that pos son of his and what hes done to the union to enrich himself and his cronies.
We paid for our pensions out of our pockets, we'd say get a dollar raise and than vote for this much to the pension, such amount to the health benefit and what was left was out raise. The pieces of shit after Hoffa spent all their time trying to stay out of jail and not fighting for the members, aka, deregulation. The only one worth their salt had been Ron Carey and the G helped pos little hoffa to get rid of him on meritless trumped up charges that were proven false.
Yes, most unions have declined because of piss poor leadership and massive greed on the officials part but we all have lots to be thankful for because of them.

All I can say is if your willing to sweat and channel your inner belief that your better than the dorks sizing u up into relentless production you will make a good living and sleep well at night, which consequently makes beers and women taste better

Here it comes..........

Actually dues don't don't pay anyone's pension except the greedy union officials and many double and triple dip. They state or regional pension, the conference pension and the national's pension. :mad:

All I can say is if your willing to sweat and channel your inner belief that your better than the dorks sizing u up into relentless production you will make a good living and sleep well at night, which consequently makes beers and women taste better

Probably one of the best things about a union is you have seniority. Especially important when you get older. We all know as you age you just can't physically do what you were in your 20-40s and start to slowdown. How many times I've heard some young guy start and say, "Why are they bringing in Joe ahead of me, I can do way more work than him and faster" Well yeah douche bag, you're 22yo and Joe is 57 and been here 35 years.

Probably one of the best things about a union is you have seniority. Especially important when you get older. We all know as you age you just can't physically do what you were in your 20-40s and start to slowdown. How many times I've heard some young guy start and say, "Why are they bringing in Joe ahead of me, I can do way more work than him and faster" Well yeah douche bag, you're 22yo and Joe is 57 and been here 35 years.
The Raleigh NC Westinghouse plant was the first non-Union plant in the country. Also they paid the same wages that the northern plants got. They were smart, when the union started sniffing around in the 70’s nobody down south wanted any part of it. Why, hell we make as much as you guys and have no due’s. Go back home. The second company that came south was IBM. Everyone wanted a job at Westinghouse or IBM as they paid more then anyone in the state