looking for quality BR Trans core

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
I wanted to open a discussion as to what people think is a fair price on removing the ads from your viewing and giving you access to a hidden forum or two. Im open to any other perks people might want that I can supply within reason so dont hesitate to throw something out.

Thanks

Not sure what a fair price would be, I am a member of another forum which I pay $5/month. I would personally be willing to pay $10/month here. Not sure if that out ways the loss of compensation from the adds. It's a start to the conversation.

I wanted to open a discussion as to what people think is a fair price on removing the ads from your viewing and giving you access to a hidden forum or two. Im open to any other perks people might want that I can supply within reason so dont hesitate to throw something out.

Thanks
I’m not sure the ads are a problem. I for one have gone in to some of them. Just me as everyone is different

I will pay!!! These f**king ads are killing me... Every thread I click on, a new full f**king screen pop up ad up comes up... And in-between pages. Let's not mention the ads on every page.. Atleast three,and another one up top... Thanks Mike
I will add I'm on my android phone...but the ad shit has always been a thing... Just not this bad... Mike

The ads have pros and cons, as mentioned above I have ventured in the wild blue yonder and clicked on a few. The problem is by far there are so damn many of them and they follow you everyplace you go on the site. Maybe tone the ads down if possible and implement and annual $25.00 membership. New members maybe offered a 60 day trial membership. My 2 cent worth ..

I seem to remember a Mustang site I was a member of back in 2006 charging $20 or $25 yearly. Seems fair and is a small price to pay for the info gained here. Count me in.

I'm down. My adblocker is totally screwing you.

I have no idea what a fair price is. Can you figure out what the typical monetization would be for a typical user if they had all the ads turned on?
I'm going to guess double that number would probably be less than $25 a year per person. that'd be a huge revenue stream and not really cost us much in comparison to the value of the resource.

Also, Facebook sucks. A solid financial footing for this place can provide a stable platform for pulling those users back here. There's a huge market over there. We need to siphon those folks back here. It'll be... interesting because some of them are really, really stupid. But many more just need information, and FB can't give it to them. There's an avenue for growth there.

Jay and Shane-

My hobbies are LC2's, Diesel Pickups and College Football. On the diesel and college football sites people can cruise for free with ads, or pay 9.95/mo or 99.96 a year in advance on the football site and 5.99 mo and 60.00 on the diesel site.

I might be in the minority in my thinking, but if a person truly likes these cars, and comes here for these cars and the camaraderie of the guys they would pay either price??

Or take the amount it costs to run the site, and divide that out by the top 20-30% of active members. IIRC you mentioned like $2600-$3000 a year (No clue hear about what it costs, I am going off a very bad memory) and figure it out. Is that $1 a month? $10 a month? $100 a month, I honestly don't know.

All I do know is that it is refreshing you even asked the members opinion!

Ty

it will have to be in the form of a donation....many issues and logistics when it becomes a paid membership fee...IMOP... i will always contribute to the site ....i do not mind the ads....are they ideal? ... no ...but not a deal breaker for me...thx guys ...

Myself, don't see any problems with the ads. There's no popups and they're kind of like being instance in a restaurante and talking with the Mrs., you just naturally block out the clutter from others talking around you.

I'd be willing to pay a yearly membership fee!
$120/yr seems fair to me.

This site is a great wealth of information.

Thanks for all that you do!!!

Hey guys, some of you are getting a little bit extreme on what's a fair membership fee. Heck someone quoted a rate damn near half of my mobile home monthly payment.. Lol..
For that type of premium the site should come with a reliable APP. since Tapatalk is now defunct for Turbobuick.com.