Looking for my dream car in Indiana

Jon Early

Hello everybody,

I've been not seriously shopping for Grand Nationals for about a year to get a feel for the market and and what exactly I want. Now that I've sold a couple other cars I'm ready to take the plunge on my dream car. I'm looking for a show worthy 86 or 87 Grand National (or possibly a T if the color combo is cool enough!). I would prefer to have all the power options, but it's not a requirement. I've passed up plenty of good deals on cars need of rust removal, extreme interior makeovers, or paint work because I know how much work it takes to fix it. I played with a lot of rusty cars, and I don't want to do it again!

That being said, I'm not necessarily looking for an all out "show-car". I don't want a numbers-matching perfect examples. I plan to drive my Buick hard and even get into some racing, so small mechanical issues and light modifications are welcome. I'm shopping around $17,000 and I live near Indianapolis. I'm searching a lot, but all the cars I'm finding seem to be selling fast! Let me know what you have. Thanks.

-Jon

Still looking. I was about to visit a GN at a dealership only to find out that the porter smacked into it with another car... Just my luck. It's getting fixed, but I'm looking for other options in the mean time.

I say try to stay away from gns at dealers. You will be paying a lot more. Stick to the forum and also consider traveling a little good luck w finding

Good advise. I've noticed that, and I'm certainly not expecting much from this one. I have no problem traveling a little. I don't have a truck or trailer though, so getting somebody to travel with me for a weekend isn't very easy. I'm just a single guy living on my own with an boring car!

I hear ya. Can always rent or have it trailered back but I'm in NY and I travelled 8hrs to see one wasn't worth the trip but that's what happens sometimes.

I have a friend in PA that has a super nice GN for sale in your price range. PM me if you want more info.

I drove up to the Chicago suburbs and threw a deposit down on a very clean 45k mile 86 GN last night. Thanks everybody for your help!