Looking for hood pad

Trader history for Rick the pool guy (0)

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
I need to put one on my new truck
E78E273A-2C7B-469C-AB9B-3A48B2E3FA4F.jpg

ShawnR

Fixer of crap..
I ended up just getting a pad from my local GM dealer. I picked up the giant, flat cardboard box and everything was uneventful. Mounted up to the hood perfectly aligned to the holes and looks good. No logo or anything on it (yet). Nice to know that you can still get a brand new one from GM.

jlat

hello people: Speaking of hood pad is it there to keep heat in or keep or outside heat out? I like to logo on a stock one..
IBBY

ShawnR

Fixer of crap..
I thought it was to protect the hood paint from turbo heat. On earlier carbed and hot air cars, the turbo sat right on top pretty close to the hood. That being said, I haven't had a pad for 20 years and never had any paint issues. I just wanted one for looks.

V6BEAST

Escaped mental patient
I ended up just getting a pad from my local GM dealer. I picked up the giant, flat cardboard box and everything was uneventful. Mounted up to the hood perfectly aligned to the holes and looks good. No logo or anything on it (yet). Nice to know that you can still get a brand new one from GM.
Was that the one for $280?

jlat

I thought it was to protect the hood paint from turbo heat. On earlier carbed and hot air cars, the turbo sat right on top pretty close to the hood. That being said, I haven't had a pad for 20 years and never had any paint issues. I just wanted one for looks.
hello people: If that's the case my hood paint sucks and I do have the stock pad...
IBBY

dwall

Sounds right - a new pad with logo & lettering looks good and even the plain pad looks better than most pads seen on other unnamed American cars. Unfortunately in the end, a lot of pads get dirty and/or frayed in time.

dwall

Probably need ShawnR to chime in here but the one I bought quite a while back from the GM dealer ( Part No. Insulator 25525977) was molded/formed like the original just no logo or lettering.

TTA308

Was it a 9 hole or 8 ?

The_Six

The dealerr hear said they would try to order it but no guarantees they could get it. It was 280. From what I have read on line it's 8 hole .

ShawnR

Fixer of crap..
It is a molded pad with 8 holes. and no logo or lettering.

Pic attached, along with gratuitous engine pic.

Attachments

• Hood pad.jpg
    Hood pad.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 26

The_Six

Thanks I went a head and ordered one today now to see if they get it in or not