Looking for belt for cassette motor

zapp240

Looking to repair my factory radio's cassette player. I took the unit apart and found the belt to be in poor shape. anybody replace one and know of a source for these? wanting to keep the factory radio or i wouldn't be going threw the pain, thanks.

I have the whole EQ Radio if your interested?
GNradio.jpg

thanks fast86, I really only need the belt and wouldn't need to trash a whole radio for it, unless this is a parts unit.

thanks fast86, I really only need the belt and wouldn't need to trash a whole radio for it, unless this is a parts unit.

I don't know if it works or not? I pulled it from my parts car and never tried it out.

If you search for cassette belt on ebay it returns several auctions with an assortment of sizes for a few dollars

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, I also found this site.
https://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm
GM/Delco Autosound Cassette Players 1980 thru mid-1990's come in 4 styles.
(1) Non-auto reverse models use SBX7.4
(2) Auto reverse Fijitsu 3 (Mechanical) Button Mechanisms use SBS8.6
(3) Auto reverse Blaupunkt 4-button Mechanisms use 2 belts: AV-SBS4.9 & AV-SBS9.2
(4)Pioneer (88 up) and Alpine Mechanisms (91 up) have electronic switch buttons use AV-SBS9.2

Might help someone else.......

Got the cassette mechanism from Mario and installed it in no time, easy fix. Cassettes work like a charm now, thanks Mario, anyone looking to repair a cassette player, I recommend one of Mario's assemblies, cheap and easy