Looking for Bay Area TB guys to bounce info off

moyersgn

Looking to do work to my 87 GN. Looking for local guys to bounce ideas off. Just want to learn the basics.

I'm available on the weekends, usually, or during the week after I get off work if you just want to meet up or something. I'm in Daly City if that's close to you. I have a bunch of parts, too, if you want them. I wanted to throw them all on an 86 that I bought until it got stolen. My 87 already has all of the crap that I bought, so a lot of the stuff is useless to me. Send me a PM if you want.

I'm in San Leandro but I too am a beginner at these cars. Ive had My GN for 2 years but it sits most of the time because my brakes aren't up to par to drive in Bay Area traffic,

I have a IC'ed 84 that the previous owner, only god knows why, converted the hydroboost system to vacuum assist.

In Monterey just picked up an 87gn trying to get time to working on it does not turn on but I'm assuming it will be and easy fix. What parts do you have? You selling them I need a few things.

Wish I could help, but that was a year ago. Sorry, bud. Monterey is a bit of a haul for me, anyway, I live in Antioch now.

i was just letting you know I was in your area and if you had any parts for sale? If your ever in my monterey send me a pm and we can talk about our cars.

Probably had problems with it and pissed himself when he saw the price tag for a new hydro unit.
Entirely possible. I'm piecing the HB system together right now and I'll be into just a bit over 350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was just letting you know I was in your area and if you had any parts for sale? If your ever in my monterey send me a pm and we can talk about our cars.

Rock on. If you need a hand for a job or something, give me a shout. I'm not doing a while lot these days. I'm pretty much doing the same thing, getting ready to really tear into mine, too. I'd love to give a hand. I'm a mechanic by trade. Just give me advance notice.

In Monterey just picked up an 87gn trying to get time to working on it does not turn on but I'm assuming it will be and easy fix. What parts do you have? You selling them I need a few things.
Do you work at Gunter Madsen? I live in Monterey and have seen a GN parked there from time to time.

Do you work at Gunter Madsen? I live in Monterey and have seen a GN parked there from time to time.
Funny you ask that. But no that one is not mine I saw it today with the all black tail lights right? I see it too every time I go to the harbor. I've been tempted to stop by but my trucks to big for that parking lot.

Yes, that's the one. I am hoping to get myself back into a GN. I had a Limited for about 5 years. Sold it to a young kid from the S.F. Bay area. I've owned many nice classics and sports cars. That turbo buick is the only one I regret selling. Pretty soon I'll be putting my little Audi up for sale in order to to start the GN fund. Sadly, not a whole lot of other GN owners in the area. I think that's a good thing, if you ask me.
Maybe meet up some day.