Looking For A TR Tech/Shop In Augusta GA Area

hawkfan

I have an 87 Limited that I've been working on myself for the past year. I've reached the point where I need some outside assistance. I'd lke to get the timing set and maybe the rear main seal replaced. I already have the parts on hand for both. I'd also like to get my Eaton posi installed. I may have a guy in Aiken who can install the posi but wanted to see if there is anybody local first. Who are you guys in Augusta taking your cars too?

I hear butler's automotive are pretty decent. They quoted me 4 grand for an engine rebuild on my 87 we4

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hear butler's automotive are pretty decent. They quoted me 4 grand for an engine rebuild on my 87 we4

I called them earlier about putting in the Eaton posi and they said no. But at least they aren't opposed to doing engine work from the looks of your post.

no way I would let butler touch my TR…. or anything else
I got tired of getting the run around by the shops and ended up putting the posi in myself. I bought a dial indicator with a magnetic base and marking compound to check the contact pattern. I reused the factory shims and it came out to the same backlash and gear pattern as the open carrier. I learned some new things and I saved $400-$500 for a job I did in one afternoon on my garage floor. Now I'm struggling trying to find a good shop to weld my rear frame X brace and GNX brace in. It seems like nobody in Augusta wants to take my money.

If you can install and set the backlash/setup a posi , a timing chain and rear main should be gravy.
Read a couple how to's, watch some YouTube videos and post your questions. Not difficult. Hardest part for me was the exhaust cross over. Rusty fasteners are never fun.

If you can install and set the backlash/setup a posi , a timing chain and rear main should be gravy.
Read a couple how to's, watch some YouTube videos and post your questions. Not difficult. Hardest part for me was the exhaust cross over. Rusty fasteners are never fun.

I know I'll end up doing it myself eventually anyway. Good thing about it is I put anti-seize on the crossover bolts after I replaced the oil pan gasket so they shouldn't be too bad. I replaced the pan gasket because I thought that was the source of the leak. Had I known about these cars having issues with the rear main seal, I would've done it then.

let me know if you need anything….. I own a shop in north augusta…. I'm not claiming to be TR shop…we are not…..however the things your talking about are everyday things we do….

not on here much anymore……my VW has my attention lately…. call me if I can help… 8032797188-shop
Hey thanks. I'm going to attempt to do it myself. If it looks like I'm in over my head, I'll give you a call.