Looking for a stage 2 transmission.

joeb1300

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Hey guys I’m looking for someone that I can get a quality built transmission for my 87 GN. Can anyone here push me in a direction. I’ve read and talked with jack Cotton in this a few years back but didn’t have the funds to do it right. I reached out to him but can’t seem to get anyone to answer, hope he is ok I have a stock bore 63 turbonetic turbo with aftermarket intercooler don’t know what kind cotton put on it but it is huge. forge crank, h beam eagle rods ,diamond piston ,roller motor internal balanced with a 206 206 cam ,champion race irons with champion port matches intake . 3 inch downpioe and throttle body is larger then stick. Cotton had this car and did his manic. Added a injection kit with 80 pound injectors. I had a torque converter non lockup 2800 stall added to what I believe was a stock transmission. Jack was trying to get me to put a new radiator and a turbo 400 trans but ran out of money to have him complete this. Had it shipped back. He told me these 200r4 transmission are hard to get to last and a few guys he trust . Car ran bad ass but after two hard hits transmission is gone. Will not shift unless I lift peddle. Like the idea of overdrive because it is a car I plan on driving but also do some track passes to keep these kids mustangs in check. Any input from you guys would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

You might consider dropping the pan and pulling the governor. Sounds like it spit the spring out. You can "pin it" while you have it apart.

Try getting Jack after 10 AM. Calls come in like crazy in the morning and again at the end of the day.

Jack usually has a few good 200s on hand from people who have converted to 400s. Normally he can give you the history but obviously no guarantees. He has a local builder do his mild street performance 200s. But for the big horsepower stuff he uses many of the well known Buick tranny builders.

But he has a low patience level when it comes to the 200s in general and is a big fan of skipping all the bullshit and going right to a 400.

Oh, and about your intercooler. It's probably one of his. For a while, he was building his own brand. I think he still does, but Brian just makes them up as per needed for particular builds.

We have several good transmission builder on this form.I have a Extreme Automatic by Lonnie.
I would buy from him again.

We have several good transmission builder on this form.I have a Extreme Automatic by Lonnie.

Here in northern Illinois we use jimmy’s transmission. He is really good.
I’m using he’s stage 2 transmission.
It’s bad ass

Try getting Jack after 10 AM. Calls come in like crazy in the morning and again at the end of the day.

Jack usually has a few good 200s on hand from people who have converted to 400s. Normally he can give you the history but obviously no guarantees. He has a local builder do his mild street performance 200s. But for the big horsepower stuff he uses many of the well known Buick tranny builders.

But he has a low patience level when it comes to the 200s in general and is a big fan of skipping all the bullshit and going right to a 400.

Oh, and about your intercooler. It's probably one of his. For a while, he was building his own brand. I think he still does, but Brian just makes them up as per needed for particular builds.
M

It is mostly a street car that runs really , really good . The shifts are firm , but I expected that . Call Dave , tell him what you want and what you have and he'll take care of you . He's very easy to talk to and really knows his stuff .

+1 for David Husek. My trans still shifts like the day it was rebuilt. Dave will only sell you what you need and nothing more. He taught me a lot about these transmissions.