Looking for a set of L67 Rods and Pistons

SubZero350

To boost or not to boost
I am planning on adidng a Turbo to my Fiero 3800 II down the road and have recongnized the need for the L67 rods and pistons. I guess the rods are the major component needed since I will probably use new pistons anyway. Any ideas where to find them?

Actually the just getting the L67 pistons and rods aren't going to make it as strong as a L67. The block is strengthened with cross-bolted mains, and the tranny is alot more beefed up. I know it would be alot of work, but if your planning to modify the engine at all, the tranny would definately be worth it. I know these swaps can be alot of work though. Just curious, why didn't you go with the SC motor in the first place?

L67 rods and pistons...

Hey what's up,
If you aren't planning to run over 9 psi of "intercooled" boost, then the L67 rods and pistons isn't a necessity...you will compound your issues with trying to get the LC pistons because it will mean you will have to run more boost and more boost will mean more torque...your tranny (which I believe is the 4T60e) will not like it...not unless you have found a way to dissipate heat efficiently...

http://www.beretta.net/performance_corner/custom/james_y/3800turbo/

...enjoy!!

I don't think the 4T60-E is going to be an issue. We have built it up pretty good and I am running 2 external coolers on it now. Trans temp never goes above 150 degrees F. Besides, if durability ever becomes an issue, I can always put some of the 65-E hard parts in the 60-E to strengthen it. I have a friend that runs a transmission shop and does this sort of thing all the time.

Sorry bout that Keith, I forgot to respond... The reason why I don't want the SC is because I am working with GN's now and it would be a lot easier to slap on a turbo, convert back to the GN computer system in which I have equipment to tune and program. Besides, why waste the power required to turn a blower when the exhaust can do it for me?

I see, actual I had that same idea. Basically like having a GN engine in your fiero, but using the 3800 block you don't have to worry about the bellhousing. Right now, my money has to go toward my Lesabre, but I still hope to do it someday. Keep me posted on your progress.