Looking for a cottage on a nice fishing lake within 2-3 hrs of chicago area

jetmech

Me and my family would like to rent a cottage on a decent fishing lake. I had a few suggestions like Bass lake, or Lake Wawasee in Indiana. I was told Lake shafer is not that good for fishing due to the Boat traffic. Give me your suggestions or if you have a place on a lake that you rent out let me know. This is all for next year. Thanks

From alot of research I think we will be going to Lake Webster in Indiana. Know for Musky fishing but not a huge lake that attracks recreational boating or least alot of it.

From alot of research I think we will be going to Lake Webster in Indiana. Know for Musky fishing but not a huge lake that attracks recreational boating or least alot of it.

Webster all the way ! Landed a 46" out of there years ago. I wish I knew more Musky, and Northern anglers.

If you feel like coming south there's Canyon Dam near Auston and Lake Whitney near me. Canyon dam has trout running out the traces and there's tubing as well as historical stuff you can do. Whitney is DFW's week end retreat a lot of times and has cabins and boat rentals. It's also got strippers that run in the spring.;)

If he wants strippers he can stay in in chicago.lol. How about woodhaven lake in sublet Il. I know I guy that had a place there he said it was real nice. I know it is private but Im not sure if they have weekend rentals. good luck.

Thanks, im leaning torwards webster lake in indiana. Looks like a nice town, has antique shops that the wife would like, and its more of a fishing lake than a recreational lake. but im willing to look into woodhaven too. Thanks

Look up Montello in wisconsin....BlackOutDrunk and I usually go there every spring for Northern pike and monster catfishing....its an old town surrounded by amish.

ended up booking a 2 bedroom lake house on Webster Lake in Indiana. And my co-worker said he will borrow me his 21 ft alumacraft for the week. Thanks for the advice.

Ha Ha, Illinois gets plenty of my tax money, I live in Illinois work in Indiana so im screwed by both states. :eek: