Looking for a belt tensioner

2blacklines

Found something new today. I didn't break it this time, i swear. I have witnesses. Broken belt tensioner. After i replace this i'm getting rid of the strap and invest into the RJC bracket. If anybody has one please let me know.
IMG_9898.jpg

you know you can buy brand new ones right ...rjc has new ..just sayin...

ya i know. I thought if someone had a used one for sale i'd buy it. Usually when i buy something new, someone will say "why didn't you say something, or ask me, so n so has one, or I have". lol

Found something new today. I didn't break it this time, i swear. I have witnesses. Broken belt tensioner. After i replace this i'm getting rid of the strap and invest into the RJC bracket. If anybody has one please let me know.
View attachment 353055
Those typically break in that area because the alternator case is too thin. There is a floating spacer in the tensioner bracket to take up some of the slack. If the case of the alternator is too thin the floating spacer bottoms out in the tensioner bracket. When you tighten the bolt it bends the ear on the tensioner and cracks it. Just went through this on a friend's car.

Those typically break in that area because the alternator case is too thin. There is a floating spacer in the tensioner bracket to take up some of the slack. If the case of the alternator is too thin the floating spacer bottoms out in the tensioner bracket. When you tighten the bolt it bends the ear on the tensioner and cracks it. Just went through this on a friend's car.
is that floating washer look like a brass spacer?

Looks like it's been broke for awhile .
Ya I’ve had the car for three weeks now. I’ve done some “tune-up/maintence” work. I’m sure this won’t be the last broken thing I find. Lol
I’m composing a list of things to get.

Check on here first. We always find someone that has something for whatever. Or knows somebody. Just saying. Lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have an extra they could send my way?

This just happened with mine. Went through with replace fine and didn’t break at first then was finishing the other alt bolts and out of no where it was just broken. I’m doing an impala ss alternator swap. What’s the remedy from preventing this from happening? Thanks.

The RJC part might not help much.

Put some HR Parts motor mounts on the car and then forget about this issue altogether.

Last edited: