Looking at the pypes (sgg51r)

CMyTFly2

Hey Guys, Its time to replace my exhaust? I have read alot of post about the pypes (sgg50r). I was looking at there 3 inch kit with the race pro mufflers . I would like to have the least amount of drone as possible. Does anybody have any experience with this system? The 2.5 inch system seems to be back ordered.
The other option I was looking at was the RJC 3 inch cross flow. Any input on this system? thanks in advance for the help, Dan

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Put on the RJC crossflow this summer, it works fine sounds great.

I did it on my back in the driveway in 95 degree heat so it took a while to fit it properly, my issue was with the TA performance rear girdle and HR. Parts swaybar, I had to move the mounting bracket for the swaybar on one side. To fit it into my car with all this stuff in place I had to cut off the stock crossflow muffler bracket on the passenger side rear which is not used with this system otherwise the pipe would not clear it.

A 3" system has a deeper tone than a 2.5" system to me it equates to "less" drone because it's a nicer pitch.

Just my .02.

TType85

I have the RJC crossflow on mine, I didn't install it so I don't know how hard it is to get it to fit perfect. I am going to be removing it and going with something like the single 3" because I want to be able to use the room where the crossflow muffler sits. It sounds and looks good though.

CMyTFly2

Thanks SalvageV6 . sounds like your install was a pain in the ass! Glad you got it to work! I have bought stuff from RJC in the past and
it was high quality. I was thinking about the HR swaybar in the future. thanks for the info!

Hey TType85 thanks for the reply. What are you plaining to put in place of the muffler? a fuel pump or something?

thanks for the replys. sounds like you guys both liked the RJC system!

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Oh it was extremely high quality and polished nice, and Jason shipped it within a day of my order. :cool:

I was going to pay to have it installed, then I had some free time during the covid crap, my hollow 3" cat. had some leaks so I put on my random tech. 3" hi flow cat. and there was no drone with that but I thought it was too quiet for me. Fixed up the hollow cat. as best I could and it sounds better much like the ATR crossflow I took off the car.

You can really hear the turbo whistle with this exhaust so that's another plus in my view.

In the process now of building a new hollow fake cat. with the RJC flange and a S.S. hollow fake and 3" tube extension.

TType85

Thanks SalvageV6 . sounds like your install was a pain in the ass! Glad you got it to work! I have bought stuff from RJC in the past and
it was high quality. I was thinking about the HR swaybar in the future. thanks for the info!

Hey TType85 thanks for the reply. What are you plaining to put in place of the muffler? a fuel pump or something?

thanks for the replys. sounds like you guys both liked the RJC system!
Probably the GN1 3" Single Shot. First thing going on is the UMI shock tower brace and a different rear sway bar. I've thought about a watts link. It will also be easier when I do the -6/-8 fuel lines.

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
do you really need a 3 inch system...areyou pushing 750 plus HP...the pypes 2.5 is back ordered until November and the race pro mufflers are the quietest w/o any performance loss the street pro's are baffled AND A bit louder ....my 2 cents...if you want the least amount of drone and quiet get the pypes race pro 2.5 .....any single shot crossflow will be louder....and salvage likes to wake his neighbors up.. :p

Last edited:

CMyTFly2

Oh it was extremely high quality and polished nice, and Jason shipped it within a day of my order. :cool:

I was going to pay to have it installed, then I had some free time during the covid crap, my hollow 3" cat. had some leaks so I put on my random tech. 3" hi flow cat. and there was no drone with that but I thought it was too quiet for me. Fixed up the hollow cat. as best I could and it sounds better much like the ATR crossflow I took off the car.

You can really hear the turbo whistle with this exhaust so that's another plus in my view.

In the process now of building a new hollow fake cat. with the RJC flange and a S.S. hollow fake and 3" tube extension.
I think I could install it myself. The fake cat sounds cool. I prefer the whistle myself. thanks

Probably the GN1 3" Single Shot. First thing going on is the UMI shock tower brace and a different rear sway bar. I've thought about a watts link. It will also be easier when I do the -6/-8 fuel lines.
The GN1 system looks good but its pricey!

do you really need a 3 inch system...areyou pushing 750 plus HP...the pypes 2.5 is back ordered until November and the race pro mufflers are the quietest w/o any performance loss the street pro's are baffled AND A bit louder ....my 2 cents...if you want the least amount of drone and quiet get the pypes race pro 2.5 .....any single shot crossflow will be louder....and salvage likes to wake his neighbors up.. :p
I really dont know how much H.P. my car makes. The last time I ran it at the track was in 2006 at it went 10.92 at just under 125 mph. Any guess on my H.P.? thanks for the reply.

salvageV6

Daily Driver
I like to think I have 750HP :cool: it's only one pipe and muffler, my other car has a dual 2.5" system I think it weighs 750lbs. ;) :p
They all work, a 3" system sounds better period.< o_O