Looking at a GN: Question about what "Exceeds mechanical limits" means??

As a buyer and seller over the years you really have to observe condition of the car. The dash is so easy to change and modify as well as it being a 5 digit makes mileage consideration reserved for "concours" cars only.

kirbans 2 cents worth

Much of what has been said is correct especially about the mileage. When I was buying and selling these cars I always made sure title registered in my state (PA) reflected actual miles. this is critical on a low mileage example as that is that buyers pay a premium on. On modified cars and cars now that are approaching 30 years old will be tough to nail down actual miles unless its a one owner car and someone did make make a mistake reporting it to car fax.

Getting car fax or whatever listed company to "change" mileage is next to an impossible task unless owner has proof an error was made.

With the modifications that you show on this car yes I would check the engine block and transmission to see if numbers match the VIN plate and ID label in the trunk.

Engine mods can be a nitemare for new owners unless they have a good mechanic in their area and a complete list of what mods have been done. I always avoided them

Unfortunately every state has their own laws on titles and related issues.

Good luck.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com