Logged a run today after upping boost

trixdout

So this past weekend was my first time ever down a track. Gotta say that it was exciting, but also embarrassing.
First ever pass, I ran a 13.3 at 104mph. Stupid me misplaced my time slips (2 out of the 5 were actually worth while). Those other 3, I had to let off thanks to knock. Stock intercooler sucks for hotlapping. This all happened at Cecil. Some of you may have saw him.

Background on my setup. Running an extender chip, 3.5" ls1 maf, 60-1 billet turbo, 2800l/u, 60lb injs, 206/210 full throttle roller cam, ported studded irons, 3" dp to a 4" straight shot.

On 0% wot adjustment I could hit 17psi on a good day. Today, I switched the knob to 10% wot enrichment. End result was my max boost with some room to go. I hit 23.3 psi with 0.7 degrees of knock at 10.85 afr (after looking at the log myself, my DC dropped to 69% hence why I got the knock). Does someone have an idea why the DC would drop like that while boosting? The boost tapered off to 23.0 with 0.2 degrees of knock. 22.5psi, 0 knock, 72% DC. Tires break loose at 20psi.

Car feels amazing.

Question for you tuning gurus around the site, mind reviewing my run and giving me some pointers? Like what to do next or keep it easy for now? I don't want to max out my injectors just yet. With DC spikes, I hit 96%.

*Edit. Forgot to upload the file.

Attachments

• QuickSave.006.dat
    574.8 KB · Views: 42
I'm not a tuner but your TPS is low at full throttle and I don't think the DC jumping almost 20% and back down in one frame should be happening. I reviewed a few of my logs and the DC was a steady smooth increase.

If you can't get someone to review the file maybe post a couple screen shots of the frames in question.

Last edited:
Looks to me like the trans is fairing on the 2-3.

To get a good log do a third gear pull without letting the trans downshift. Usually around 45 mph or so you can lay into it without downshift.

BTW what wide band are you using?

Rick

Last edited:
Looks to me like the trans is fairing on the 2-3.

To get a good log do a third gear pull with out letting the trans downshift. Usually around 45 mph or so you can lay into it without downshift.

BTW what wide band are you using?

Rick
Alright sounds good. I'm using the lc1. When I let off the throttle it skyrockets to 22.2 and stays there for a few seconds and comes back down.
The tranny is stock with only with firmer shifts. Pretty sure it has a shift kit. Definitely no upgraded internals.

I'm not a tuner but your TPS is low at full throttle and I don't think the DC jumping almost 20% and back down in one frame should be happening. I reviewed a few of my logs and the DC was a steady smooth increase.

If you can't get someone to review the file maybe post a couple screen shots of the frames in question.
I'm using a hallman pro rx boost controller with the manual cable. I have the lighter spring and ceramic ball in there. I think if I change it the heavy duty spring and stainless ball my boost will be more consistent.

Is this a alky car? Or race fuel? What is your boost target?

Adding fuel should not raise boost. Thats in the boost control or waste gate actuator.

At the end of the log there is a good third gear pull. It's about 1 full point rich. I would pull the fuel you added back out. Target 10.8 - 11.0.

Deceleration fuel cut off or "DFCO" is cutting fuel when you lift the throttle. Thats normal. There is a setting in the chip you can play with for that. I want to say 8 in parameter 9. Verify in chip manual.

Trans prolly needs 3rd gear bands at the least. A billet drum and a dual feed mod is the way to go if you can afford it.

Rick

Is this a alky car? Or race fuel? What is your boost target?

Adding fuel should not raise boost. Thats in the boost control or waste gate actuator.

At the end of the log there is a good third gear pull. It's about 1 full point rich. I would pull the fuel you added back out. Target 10.8 - 11.0.

Deceleration fuel cut off or "DFCO" is cutting fuel when you lift the throttle. Thats normal. There is a setting in the chip you can play with for that. I want to say 8 in parameter 9. Verify in chip manual.

Trans prolly needs 3rd gear bands at the least. A billet drum and a dual feed mod is the way to go if you can afford it.

Rick

I'm running an external wastegate with a manual boost controller. I added fuel to the chip via the translator, because from what I've read, that is how you add fuel when using the extender chip and not the tt chip. So I turned the knob to 10% enrichment and cranked up the boost on the controller.

No alky on this car at all. At least not yet.