Lock-up VS non LU

marc daniels

I'm just curious of the benefits and drawbacks of each. I'm looking at roughly 600rwhp. I want to keep driveability and gas mileage in mind as this car will see out of town trips occasionally. However I don't want to sacrifice reliability to either of the latter. I keep hearing go non LU at my power level, but heard they run hotter. Not good cor long distance. On the other hand, I have those saying they are faster when locking the converter. Manually locking could be an option, but I'm not too familiar with is. I don't want to say price is not a factor, because I'm not rich, but I will pay for what is known to work!! I am speaking on 2004r just for clarity

FWIW....my N/L PTC stays around 160 even on hot days.... i have to do back to back blasts to see close to 200. Deep pan and cooler also.

Back in the day locking the converter was common place because the converters were so inefficient. The only converter that can be locked under WOT besides a restalled stocker is a 5 disc Vigilante, which costs the same as a 9.5 PTC, amd the PTC will be faster. There are the 9/11 converters as well, but i never cared for those.

Back in the day locking the converter was common place because the converters were so inefficient. The only converter that can be locked under WOT besides a restalled stocker is a 5 disc Vigilante, which costs the same as a 9.5 PTC, amd the PTC will be faster. There are the 9/11 converters as well, but i never cared for those.
beautiful car and beautiful pass!!!! (y)