Lithium Battery

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
My AC/Delco battery gave out after 6 years last fall. I have been looking at lithium batteries for a couple of years. I've read several threads here and did research on the net. So I found the Anti-Gravity battery that did what I wanted. It's ridiculously light, less than 5lbs. It has all the cranking power I need. It's got BMS for safety. It's got a Restart feature that shuts down the battery if it volts go too low so it won't get ruined and still leave enough reserve to start the engine. I found the Mustang crowd is using Antigravity. At first they had failures. Antigravity did a bunch of tests and found out the Mustang ecm does some weird stuff to the alternator to "save fuel". After the testing Antigravity just had eliminate the Restart feature and that solved their issue so they have line without that feature. We don't have to worry about that funky shit for our cars. I shopped around the internet and found a deal. Anyway I wanted to mount the battery in the stock location and keep the side mount cables. It comes with terminals that allow the battery to be turned either way so no issue with the + and - being wrong. Got some screw in terminals and top to side terminals. I found a cheap thin cutting board and made a base and pocket for it. Made up an aluminum bracket and polished it for some bling. I ran it for about a month before putting the car away for winter. Slapped on the Lithium charger I got with the battery. A month ago I went to get the T out of storage. Removed the charger and cranked her right up. The temp was about 40* that day. Drove home and haven't put it on the charger since. They do make a little bluetooth battery tracker that you can put on the battery that will send a signal to your phone and an app will tell you the health, etc of the battery. I might invest in that at some point. The whole set up was about $225 more that a typical acid battery. I figure I saved over 35lbs on the nose of the car. Not a bad weight reduction to cost ratio.

20200426_114951.jpg

20200425_173010.jpg

I have one in a motorcycle. First one failed early. The second one has been great. About a 10# weight savings located up high on a bike.C.JPGD.JPG

I like the use of stock cables! Where did you get the battery top post adapters??
Thx

All the websites that sell the lithium batteries sell the adapters. They are just cone shaped with a screw though them to the battery terminal. If you go to the Antigravity website they have them but you can shop for a deal on them.

I know this thread is 4 years old. How well did this last? Would you purchase the same battery or is there any competitors that have helped bring the prices down? I see a few different brands claiming the same technology. Ionic is the one that caught my attention.

Thanks,
Bryan

The battery performed fine. I had to replace it though. I got a new alternator that was defective and let the volts spike to 18+. It fried the battery. The battery does have protection for overcharging but not to that level. I bought a new battery and continued on, no problems. I leave it on the maintainer just like I did with old acid batteries. In the good weather I leave it off for a week at a time since I drive it more often. It's still the cheapest way to lose 35lbs when buying a lightweight part.

Mr Spool has been running one for a couple of years now , maybe he will chime in .

I am also interested in getting one of these Antigravity batteries. I was thinking about the larger size Group 24, 40Ah=1500CA battery. However, if people are having success with the much smaller ones, that would be great. Maybe more people that's used any lithium battery will chime in.

The battery I have is rated 650cca which is the same at the regular acid battery. It turns my engine fine.

I have been running the antigravity for years
Its actually out of the warranty period and still is going strong.
Requires much less matinence and I can leave the thing through the winter and not even charge it.
Been using them for a long time.

How are the Antigravity batteries performing in cold weather?

The one on my bike doesn't like the cold.

30 40 degrees here no issue with car stuff in terns of starting and behavior.
on my electric bikes they show power loss on terms of speed.
Slower in cold faster mph in heat.

The coldest I start my car is 40 degrees. Starts no problem. No running issues. At colder temps it's recommended to turn your headlights on for a few seconds to wake up the battery then turn them off and start the car. Again I haven't had to start in freezing weather.

Mine has dropped below freezing a few times. Wouldn't start the bike, even after attempting to warm with lights on. Haven't experienced it often enough to resolve. I don't ride in freezing weather that often any longer.

Pronto Turned me on to this Battery Installed mine late 2019. No issues so far other than leaving a gauge on in the car over night.. No problem push the reset button.. Fires right up. 3.8lbs. Drive my car year round.. would buy another if needed. Also has an app for the phone to check the charge & starting condition. South Ga. weather few cold night runs. Popped the hood & my brothers & my Uncle burst out laughing! that lil ole thing crank that???

The comments at shows are interesting. Some people are really want to learn about it, others poo poo it. I give each the time they deserve.

Ordered a few days ago, showed up today. Hopefully going in this weekend.

Bryan

The comments at shows are interesting. Some people are really want to learn about it, others poo poo it. I give each the time they deserve.
If you're at the pointy end of competition and those xx pounds matter, they make sense.

For a normal car, my take is anything that has to have yet another computer in it to keep it from killing itself when the alternative is literally a dumb pile of lead that'll last half a decade if you abuse it and a decade or more if you just put it on a tender when you're not using it, it's really hard to justify the extra cost right now.