Line lock question

xrunner123

Hi,
I installed the B&M 46075 Launch Control Solenoid on the rear line coming out of the mc but when energized it still allows pressure to the rear brakes.
I disconnected the output and piped it to a clear pipe to see what it's doing. When energized and lightly pressing the brakes it holds but when I press on the pedal harder it does squirt by. I also tried installing it backwards same thing. I though it was a bad unit so I returned it and got another one. Same thing.
Is this normal? Are you supposed to just tap and not slam the brake pedal?
Thanks

If the system is the stock Powermaster it's likely too much pressure causing the leak.
This description may hold the answer.
"Handles constant pressure up to 400 psi, or spikes of up to 1500 psi".
Send it back and get a good one.... A Hurst.

It looks like there is a bypass valve internally. I thought I tested backwards on the 2nd one but I did not. My mind is going.
So it hold pressures when the outlet is plumbed to a clear hose. I can slam on the brake and nothing comes out when the solenoid is energized.
Now I connect everything and it still locks the rear brake.

I have vacuum brakes. Car is off so it's just pedal pressure and rear is on jackstands.
When I apply brakes the rears still lock and I cannot turn the wheel by hand.
Could it be a bad proportioning valve?
I know this device meters the pressure but does it allow the front to possibly bleed into the rear circuit?
If it's bad can leak the front circuit to the rear brakes?
Thanks

If the system is the stock Powermaster it's likely too much pressure causing the leak.
This description may hold the answer.
"Handles constant pressure up to 400 psi, or spikes of up to 1500 psi".
Send it back and get a good one.... A Hurst.

I second the hurst Chuck....mine been working since the mid 90s