Line lock question

TireFryer

The New Kid
Hi all! This is the son that owns the TB(Rhonda) I have a question regarding a line lock. If I purchase a line lock, when it is activated (button pushed or switch flipped) it stops brake fluid from going to the rear brakes, correct? Or does it lock all 4 wheels up when the button is pushed.

Thanks, J

Hi all! This is the son that owns the TB(Rhonda) I have a question regarding a line lock. If I purchase a line lock, when it is activated (button pushed or switch flipped) it stops brake fluid from going to the rear brakes, correct? Or does it lock all 4 wheels up when the button is pushed.

Thanks, J

Depends on how it’s plumbed in... most people use it to hold front brake pressure for burnouts... I’m sure you can plumb it in to hold pressure on rears or both if you wanted... that’s why they are also referred to as roll control or launch control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depends on how it’s plumbed in... most people use it to hold front brake pressure for burnouts... I’m sure you can plumb it in to hold pressure on rears or both if you wanted... that’s why they are also referred to as roll control or launch control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^X2
I believe the activation procedure would be:

1] press brake pedal
2] press and hold line lock/ roll control button
3] do burnout
4] release button to release brakes

If you would like to lock up front and rear brakes and another solenoid valve in the rear brake line and connect it to the same button.

Normal installation for our applications, would have it installed in the line feeding the front brakes.

You would depress the brake pedal, push the button, take your foot off the brake pedal, and continue to hold your finger on the button.

While holding your finger on this button you are not allowing the front brakes to relax. Even though you have removed your foot from the brake. However, the rear brakes are allowed to relax. So now when you depress the throttle the rear tires spin freely while the front brakes are held tight for as long as you have your finger on the button.

While your rear tires are still spinning, you may release the button, allowing the car to roll out of the burnout.

And thats how it works.

I have it on my GN and it works well, wonder how it would work on my FWD car?