Lightning rods Rebuild?

nonova0074

Hey guys, I just scooped up a set of lightning rods. I would like to have them rebiult, where can I get them done and what do you guys think it will cost. Also I need to either pick up one ball or get a set.
Thanks
Rob

Hey guys, I just scooped up a set of lightning rods. I would like to have them rebiult, where can I get them done and what do you guys think it will cost. Also I need to either pick up one ball or get a set.
Thanks
Rob

Try this link: Oldsmobile G-Body Mailing List

At the bottom of this page there is an e-mail contact for Matt Gonstead , I believe he can help you out.

HTH :)

I called Matt a few mounth ago for some parts for mine and he said there not available any more. Im trying to have the pins and the retainer rings made localy. I dont know how soon you are neededing it done but here is a web site with my info on it. not much on it now I have to load the picks of the rebuild and parts but I am working on updating it this week. so maybe it will help you. there not hard to rebuild at all If you cant find some one to rebuild it you can send it to me Ill take it apart for you and see what needs to be done to it. as for recroming i havent cheked on that my chrome was good. I do know ware we can het the buttons made and I can fix chiooed balls no problem but they will be painted when done not black plastic. if you can wait a week Ill post oics and a right up on how I fixed the chips.
here is my site. https://sites.google.com/site/whatwazithinking/grand-national/hurst-lighting-rods-shifter

Just found out they are 3 speed rods, the guy wants to convert his 4 speed ones to 3 speed. Hopefully he will put these in his car and sell me the 4 speed ones

put up a post over on oldspower.com there was somebody over that could help you out. i remember reading a thread over there a while ago

Matt is the guy from the olds site he said he no longer has a source for the parts to get maid. the 4 speed will work as a 3 speed but if you can trade a 3 speed for a 4 speed you will be getting an awsome deal 4 speeds have been seling for twice the 3 speeds. Matts advice to me for parts was buy a 3speed and use it to fix my 4 speed. but I didnt want to spend $300 for a retainer ring.

you can use the 3 speed on a 4 speed you just wont be able to pull it down in to 1st gear but every thing else will work just the same. just the one stick will be for OD and D in stead of OD ,D ,1st.

this was just posted on oldspower

not sure if the link will work for you if your not a member.i couldnt even find the classifieds until i registered over there

members name over there is 83hurstolds

Title: Registered User
Posts: 7 Hurst Lightning Rod Shifter Balls / Knobs For Sale NOS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For sale is a set of three NOS GM 22521236 Hurst Lightning Rod balls / knobs.

Summer is upon us and car shows are starting again - let's freshen up those Hurst Lightning Rods!

New and never installed. Limited stock available.

This will also fit the aftermarket Hurst Lightning Rod kits sold - both 3 and 4 speed models.

If you pay by PayPal gift option, check or money order - $160 for the set of three.

I have these listed on e-Bay for $175 and you can verify my reviews under OldsHurst83 e-Bay alias.

Free shipping within the fifty contiguous states.

International shipping will be actual cost of shipping.

OldsPower.com

there is a guy that sells them on ebay for $125 but there made from stainless steel you have to paint them or have them powder coated black I havent seen him post in a while but I have his e-mail at home.
you may be able to take a patern for the side plate from a 4 speed and modify a 3 speed I havent tried it but it looks like it could be done.