License plate light

Adam28

So after owning the car for 4 months I just happened to walk around the back of my car at night and noticed there was no light above the plate. Not just the bulb but just 2 empty screw holes.

My question is what does the assembly that's missing look like and where would it connect to?

I don't see anything in the trunk, I'm assuming it's behind one of the taillights and the connector fell back there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

The socket (uses a 194 bulb) is part of the tail light wiring harness. Hopefully it slipped down behind the upper trim piece. Here is a picture of the housing that the socket plugs into. This is looking up from below into the trim piece (a bumper eye view):

GN_LicenseLight_2342a.jpg

RemoveBeforeFlight

Well I looked under the car and found it. It was just dangling back by the fuel filler neck. It looks like maybe the bumper was off and
the previous owner forgot about it.
IMG_3296.JPG

It doesn't get better then that :cool:

The mounting screw heads are phillips, oval shaped top, steep taper under the head with an integral tapered washer.

RemoveBeforeFlight

It doesn't get better then that :cool:

The mounting screw heads are phillips, oval shaped top, steep taper under the head with an integral tapered washer.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Do you mean like the interior trim screws in the back seat? And this license plate light - was it an option, or did every gn get one.

Do you mean like the interior trim screws in the back seat? And this license plate light - was it an option, or did every gn get one.

All cars have a license plate light, it is required by federal law.

As far as the screws, not sure about being the same as the interior trim screws. They are usually chrome while the license plate light screws are black phosphate. It is also about 3/4" long.

RemoveBeforeFlight