Level Up Plan for Spring. You Like?

No problem but I know in my case there is better converter tech out there now I ran those times a long time ago.
I talked to Brian at Bison earlier this week on exactly this. His recommendation was completely opposite of the usual 10" 2600-2800 Lockup (CORRECTED) Pat's or Protorque recommendation I often hear locally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No problem but I know in my case there is better converter tech out there now I ran those times a long time ago.

Agreed. I'd try a PTC...but this AC works so well with my combo that I'm not willing to mess with it. I'm not trying to 'run a number' anyway. FWIW I don't think AC convertors get their do...and with everyone jumping to PTC...a used AC can be had for a song for someone on a budget.

I talked to Brian at Bison earlier this week on exactly this. His recommendation was completely opposite of the usual 10" 2600-2800 NLU Pat's or Protorque recommendation I often hear locally.

It's nice to speculate but I'm not sure I would have went better with another converter unless I could go quicker in the 1st half of the track the air wall with the 49 is very noticeable when pushed and can leave one ticket searching.i know on a better tire or less weight I could have picked a few

There's still billet 9/11s being made too. They work nice too. My friend switched to one on his T and it has made a good impression on him. Locked it at the track as well. He combo didn't like it being locked on second shift which others suggested. I persuaded him to try 3rd at about 90mph and it did very well. Unfortunately, on his next pass he inadvertently pulled the shifter back to second on launch. It didn't shift into 3rd and he over revved spinning a bearing.

Agreed. I'd try a PTC...but this AC works so well with my combo that I'm not willing to mess with it. I'm not trying to 'run a number' anyway. FWIW I don't think AC convertors get their do...and with everyone jumping to PTC...a used AC can be had for a song for someone on a budget.
I wouldnt touch it unless your running it out the back door.i run a ptc on an RPE built motor but it makes a lot of horsepower.ac works great on the 1st half of the track for sure the are et monsters:)only downside is you will be bleeding the horsepower away around 1000ft and the more power it makes the worse it gets needs more rpm to couple which becomes out of reach for most 109 builds

I also need to get this car on a scale. Hard top car but has to be heavy with all the bracing and stuff I added. Only thing removed from this car is the full size spare it had in it. Plus I'm 275 so that ain't helping things. Lol.

There are a few guys that I know run Dave h converters and they are getting solid results

I wouldnt touch it unless your running it out the back door.i run a ptc on an RPE built motor but it makes a lot of horsepower.ac works great on the 1st half of the track for sure the are et monsters:)only downside is you will be bleeding the horsepower away around 1000ft and the more power it makes the worse it gets needs more rpm to couple which becomes out of reach for most 109 builds

You know your convertors. Read a post from Dusty awhile back saying AC convertors needed more RPM to get them to couple better. It works well in the 1/8th...so I've left it as is over the years.

There are a few guys that I know run Dave h converters and they are getting solid results

I assume you're referring to his LU convertors. Have these guys required a decent set of heads to hit the 10's? There's a local stuck at 11.4 with stock heads and a 60 turbo with Daves LU convertor.

You know your convertors. Read a post from Dusty awhile back saying AC convertors needed more RPM to get them to couple better. It works well in the 1/8th...so I've left it as is over the years.
Thanks.here is another tidbit;)because of the slip the looser converters are easier on the motors they tends to rattle less

For what it's worth, Bison was recommending a 9.5" non lockup race converter with very little slip, 5-7%, at 4800-5000 RPMs. Said it would be the best of both worlds ET and out the back. Said I'd barely notice it's there on the street. Every situation is different of course.

Dave H knows his stuff too for sure.

I assume you're referring to his LU convertors. Have these guys required a decent set of heads to hit the 10's? There's a local stuck at 11.4 with stock heads and a 60 turbo with Daves LU convertor.
2 cars,one with iron,one with aluminum.these are low 10 cars.

For what it's worth, Bison was recommending a 9.5" non lockup race converter with very little slip, 5-7%, at 4800-5000 RPMs. Said it would be the best of both worlds ET and out the back. Said I'd barely notice it's there on the street. Every situation is different of course.

Dave H knows his stuff too for sure.

You would have to ask him which 9.5 as there are a few now that will allow for the right looseness down low and not slip it too much upstairs on cars making 10 sec power.

It's a lockup but you don't have to lock it up manually.its a 9.5

Thanks for the info. I'll leave a PM for him to check this thread. You might not be perfect...but you and I both know it takes someone who knows his stuff to run 10's with a 49 consistently...or even break into them once.

Thanks for the info. I'll leave a PM for him to check this thread. You might not be perfect...but you and I both know it takes someone who knows his stuff to run 10's with a 49 consistently...or even break into them once.
(y)I would call dave not sure how much he is on here.