Let's Play...What's this car Worth ?

KWIKR 1

I made what I think was a resonable "But It Now" offer of $14,500 to a seller on ebay towards a 1987 Buick Regal . He told me he sold this same car four years ago for $26,875 . I then found out by doing a little snooping he bought it back for $13,800 back in 03/08/2011 . so I made my offer based on that , I thought it was a fair offer based on current market conditions and the car itself . and what other people were willing to pay for it . seeing that it was only able to fetch "his" highest offer of $13,800 back in March . IMO what profit he makes or loses has nothing to do with me and the offer I made . I was not trying to insult him with my offer . what doesn't make sense is why didn't the "real players" step up and buy it for more than what he paid for it back in March . :D :) so ..lets play what's this car going to sell for . :)
Here's the car :

Buick : Regal - eBay (item 300573110970 end time Jul-12-11 18:30:00 PDT)

And here's the final reply I got back from him . :D :) I made the initial offer of $14,500 before he told me he had $14,400 into it .

I told you I have $14400 in the car and you still offer me $14,500! Now we are done. I am truly insulted and I will bet my dick that not only will I get more than $14500, I'll get much more than $14500. Hell I paid many thousands more for it first time around. The generation of players for this car are now entering their toy time. This car is more desirable than you may know. While the average driver GN, Chevelle, Camaro etc all have depreciated greatly, the finest of the fine have not. The hobby went from Dealer driven back to hobbyist driven. The people who want the finest quality and rarest cars, have lead the market for a few years and prices have been strong for over 20 months. The crap cars will always stay in the basement. Especially now that the people who buy crappy cars don't have money or credit. Only those who are insulated from any downturn will continue to buy great cars. they will have their toys and only the best will do. Look at the pricing in the Mega dollar market. Records all over the globe for the right cars. They don't buy wavy GN's, they buy the very finest. They buy cars like the 395 Lincoln on my "me" page or the 42 mile Vega I sold to the Imperial Palace Museum. There is no way you can make me believe that you are my top of the market and I can't get more money than that. In fact, I'll bet you something nice the bid goes higher than $14,500 during this auction. I have had numerous inquiries about the Regal and many times that leads to a sale. In closing, real players don't count pennies on cars like this. They step up because it's the best. That is how a real collector looks at this Regal. They don't mind paying what it takes irregardless of the so called "market. " That's the kind of player I find all the time including the guy who bought this car before. Obviously, you aren't willing to pay what it takes to own the best in this case.
$100 bucks profit? that was rude.

car

good luck with the sell on that one.I buy and sell old cars and have Friends with 30 car collections and have bought cars for them to me although it is a very nice car nothing special to me (307 4 barrel what a dog) more of a novelty to me then anything.nobody wanted one that's why there are one one of one. lol

Low miles yes

But a v8 t-type is not a sought after muscle car .so i say $7500.00 - $10,000.00 would be fair , and im a player . And it is very nice just no turbo & posi ..

my intentions for it was to drop in a TT sbc . so , I really don't care about the 307 . :) It would of fit the bill nicely . :)

Not to steal someones thunder but if your plan is to drop another engine in it. I have a nice Limited white V8 Regal for sale with black out package 64,000 miles Has T package in other words suspension and leather wheel...under cars for sale priced under 7 grand.

Car is all stock everything works except power antenna. Super straight body and bumpers that would pass for brand new. All the body fillers are still soft no cracks.
Not taking anything away from the car on ebay just giving you something to think about for less money.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Smaller investment and would make a nice candidate for a different power train.

Not to steal someones thunder but if your plan is to drop another engine in it. I have a nice Limited white V8 Regal for sale with black out package 64,000 miles Has T package in other words suspension and leather wheel...under cars for sale priced under 7 grand.

Car is all stock everything works except power antenna. Super straight body and bumpers that would pass for brand new. All the body fillers are still soft no cracks.
Not taking anything away from the car on ebay just giving you something to think about for less money.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Smaller investment and would make a nice candidate for a different power train.

Thanks Dennis I'll keep that in mind . I've seen the pics of your car , it looks solid . :)

"ONE of ONE. Only 87 Buick optioned like it."

I can see why :rolleyes:

What is a clean roller worth with that mileage ? That is all its worth.

The people who want the finest quality and rarest cars, have lead the market for a few years and prices have been strong for over 20 months. "or the 42 mile Vega I sold to the Imperial Palace Museum". .

hahahaha..just because a car is rare doesn't mean it's worth a gazillion $$$$ :rolleyes:

ok back to the thread.. Car is worth whatever someone with $$$$ will pay. Kind of simple to figure out isn't it?? Bid already went by you. whats the big deal ??

hahahaha..just because a car is rare doesn't mean it's worth a gazillion $$$$ :rolleyes:

ok back to the thread.. Car is worth whatever someone with $$$$ will pay. Kind of simple to figure out isn't it?? Bid already went by you. whats the big deal ??

just interested/curious to see what someone else is willing to pay for it . that's all . :)

I'd give you "Diddly Squat" if you spot me the "Diddly".

Did I read correctly where he said it was an 87 Regal muscle car.....with a factory 307?????
Did I read correctly where he said it was ordered with the 307 as an upgrade??????
Why is this car not LC2 powered if engine upgrade or muscle car was the goal?

Just spotted something interesting in the pics.
That car has the chalk markings for the color code (15)for the grey metallic in the exact same spot as my cream car,so they all must have been marked right there with the color code,it's even done in the same color chalk, red.
So anyone doing a concours resto keep this in mind,it's good documentation of how they came,here is two low milers showing the same exact thing. Whats kind of odd tho is the chalk mark is on top of the already painted surface ,so they obviously knew what color the car was,The only thing i could think of is they painted the engine compartments first + then put the drivetrain in, then painted the rest of the car,so they marked the firewall with the correct code,so they would get the body color right.
The only problem with that theory is, they would have a build sheet to be working off of,so why put the paint code on the firewall ?
I also wonder if at some point in the process those marks were suposed to be removed.

Mine needs a little cleaning + a better pic taken but this shows it in the exact same spot under that ground strap. Mine says 54 which is the code for the cream beige.
Just thought it was interesting + should share.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKj0E1o-ZLUlSBNlEym1+Ow~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqEOKj0E1o-ZLUlSBNlEym1+Ow~~_3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 246
LoL a 2.56 rear end open peg leg on a "muscle car" I wouldn't pay more than 7K for that car as it is really a like new parts car to me that would require more than $20K to make it fast.

Hum makes me wonder

WHATS MY 87 TURBO T WORTH WITH 22000 MILES. 20 G,s? SAME COLOR BUT I DOWN GRADED TO THE LC2 V6 & POSI . DAMN IT I COULD OF HAD A V8.

Tim likes stirring the pot... and I like watching him do it.

no stirring on this one . :D just really interested on board members thoughts on the value of this car . Interesting to hear others views on it . The only thing going IMO on this car is the mileage . Once you start racking miles on this car the value IMO will be a steep downward spiral . I would think that's why the car has change hands so often and a very small limited amount of miles were put on it by each owner . any car 24 years old with 400 miles on the odometer has a cool factor regardless of the dollar value anyone of us may put on it . :) :)

I bet

no stirring on this one . :d just really interested on board members thoughts on the value of this car . Interesting to hear others views on it . The only thing going imo on this car is the mileage . Once you start racking miles on this car the value imo will be a steep downward spiral . I would think that's why the car has change hands so often and a very small limited amount of miles were put on it by each owner . Any car 24 years old with 400 miles on the odometer has a cool factor regardless of the dollar value anyone of us may put on it . :) :)

if you took a good look at this car you would find claw marks all over the speedo cable .. Then ask yourself why ..