LeSabre Grand National

pkschul

I have a private investigator friend in FL who came across a guy claiming to have a LeSabre Grand National. He asked me about it and initially I told him it's probably just a lesabre with GN badges put on it by some kid. I'm not so sure any more. I looked it up and there actually was such a car. Anyone know if these hold any value? This is as close as he got to it unfortunately...
15759098021_6da5419e82_b.jpg

Even though they're fairly rare, there's just not much collecter value. Unless it's an extremely low mile pristine example. Power is just a NA 3.8

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

Their were only 112 claimed units produced in 1986....

Info is correct 112 made all black nothing very special outside of unusual Gn emblems on the front fenders. I restored one years ago got ten grand for it later it sold for over 15 grand. Very comfortable cars. most of them when new can be found in the south east part of the country.

One thing is when we had ours we never had any issues of worrying about it in parking lots of getting it stolen.

I had the later LeSabre T_Type full analog dash cluster put in my car.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

One recently sold at one of the major collector auctions bringing more money than a turbo version GN.

So much for them having no collector value. I think I'll ask my buddy if that car is still there. This picture was taken over a year ago, so I'm not overly optimistic. 112 count... I figured there had to be some kind of market with that low of a production number.

I just had a conversation with my friend on Facebook. The car is still available at the lot. He's going to check it out for me if he's in the neighborhood. The owner wants $5K for it. He's an old guy that apparently doesn't take kindly to offers. He'd rather just have the cars sit in the lot unsold than sell them for a little less than asking price. Still... from Dennis's response it might be worth the price? Anyone know if there is a unique identifier in the vin to look for?

Buy it, and get that thing restored man. It's a cool part of our history, and it shouldn't just sit there dying for no reason.

Honestly I'm in over my head already with the 86 GN so I probably won't be buying it. If anyone down there in FL is interested I'll try to let you know where the lot is located.