Legacy FAST users with non serial port laptops

Blown86GT

My trusty HP laptop finally bit the dust this past weekend. Unfortunately, it is impossible to find a new laptop with a serial connection. I've seen a USB to serial port adapter. Will this work with my legacy FAST? Anyone had any success with one?

Paul

My trusty HP laptop finally bit the dust this past weekend. Unfortunately, it is impossible to find a new laptop with a serial connection. I've seen a USB to serial port adapter. Will this work with my legacy FAST? Anyone had any success with one?

Paul

Works great, no problems with the USB to serial...Ive used it on the classic FAST and XFI ....john

Paul

Yes, you can use a usb to serial port with success. The key is to get the right one. I've heard of many of the adapters not communicating with the FAST box. I bought one from radio shack that was recomended by a friend. I use it with a gateway laptop running vista and a classic fast. Works great.