Led headlights

They look nice!
How bout a pic or two at night with lights on (low and high)? Maybe a short video of a night drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave it with me and I'll see what I can post

A couple of pictures taken last night in my neighbourhood. Low beam and hi beams.

Also some pics of my lights vs a buddies Turbo Buick at night . Can you guess which lights are the JW Speaker LED Projectors?

Attachments

• JW Spk Lowbeam.JPG
    JW Spk Lowbeam.JPG
    911.8 KB · Views: 336
  • JW Spk Hibeam.JPG
    JW Spk Hibeam.JPG
    831.8 KB · Views: 288
  • JW Spk LED Proj Low vs Halogen.JPG
    JW Spk LED Proj Low vs Halogen.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 271
  • JW Spk LED Proj Hi vs Halogen.JPG
    JW Spk LED Proj Hi vs Halogen.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
What? Are you sure that's your TR in the pics? Those look awesome. I wish my complete led conversion was higher on the list of priorities.
Thanks for posting the pics.

What? Are you sure that's your TR in the pics? Those look awesome. I wish my complete led conversion was higher on the list of priorities.
Thanks for posting the pics.

Yup, my car.
My Son took the pictures while riding shotgun thru our neighbourhood last evening.

I was looking at JW's site and I'm not sure but are there different part #'s for L and R low beams?…and just one # for high beams?… :confused:

Claude

Claude,

I got these part numbers for the Lo and Hi beam with black housings directly from JW Speaker and these are what I ordered and installed. You want RHT (Right Hand Traffic) Low Beams.
You don't want LHT (Left Hand Traffic) headlights as that is what is used if you were driving on the opposite side of the road like in the UK.
Only LHT and RHT on Low Beams, the Hi Beams are the same.

Low Beam: 0551941 (Black Housings)
Hi Beam: 0551951 (Black Housings)

Attachments

• JW Speaker Hi Beam 0551951 .jpeg
    JW Speaker Hi Beam 0551951 .jpeg
    686.6 KB · Views: 203
  • JW Speaker Low Beam 0551941.jpeg
    JW Speaker Low Beam 0551941.jpeg
    678 KB · Views: 184
  • JW Speaker 8800  Evolution.jpeg
    JW Speaker 8800 Evolution.jpeg
    749.1 KB · Views: 142
  • JW Speaker Low and Hi Beam Pattern.jpeg
    JW Speaker Low and Hi Beam Pattern.jpeg
    787.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Claude,

I got these part numbers for the Lo and Hi beam with black housings directly from JW Speaker and these are what I ordered and installed. You want RHT (Right Hand Traffic) Low Beams.
You don't want LHT (Left Hand Traffic) headlights as that is what is used if you were driving on the opposite side of the road like in the UK.
Only LHT and RHT on Low Beams, the Hi Beams are the same.

Ok I understand. Thanks again Dave for another clear explanation! (y)

Claude. ;)

Here's a pic of the JW Speaker 8800 Evolution 4"x6" Projector LED's (with black housings) Hi's and Low's installed.
Part Numbers are:
I just checked on JW's site and it seems that the Evolution 8800's like you have are not listed anymore. There's another type listed instead (8800 Evolution 2's)… :( Too bad as I was ready to order some for my GN which is currently being restored...

Claude. :(

P.S: Wasn't there someone in Canada (Ontario) who carried them??

I just checked on JW's site and it seems that the Evolution 8800's like you have are not listed anymore. There's another type listed instead (8800 Evolution 2's)… :( Too bad as I was ready to order some for my GN which is currently being restored...

Claude. :(

P.S: Wasn't there someone in Canada (Ontario) who carried them??

Hi Claude,
Cheer Up!
I was just on JW Speakers website & see they still do offer these LED projectors in black housings in a non heated lens
Model 8800 Evolution 2
Here's the part numbers:
0552551 Low Beam Black Housings
0552571 High Beam Black Housings

The best pricing I found was right here in Canada at Fort Garry Industries Ltd
731 Gana Court
Mississauga, On
L5S 1P2
1-888-456-6567

This is the place that I bought mine.
I'd suggest you give em a call and check out their pricing.
It's in Cdn dollars and you still have to pay +13% HST whether you buy them here at home or abroad in the US.
Keep in mind that you will be paying at least another +35% currency conversion with the Cdn dollar / US Exchange rate.

Let me know how you make out.

Once you drive behind these lights at night you will be astounded at their lighting output and will actually look forward to driving at night! LOL

Dave

Hi Claude,
Cheer Up!
I was just on JW Speakers website & see they still do offer these LED projectors in black housings in a non heated lens
Model 8800 Evolution 2
Here's the part numbers:
0552551 Low Beam Black Housings
0552571 High Beam Black Housings

The best pricing I found was right here in Canada at Fort Garry Industries Ltd
731 Gana Court
Mississauga, On
L5S 1P2
1-888-456-6567

This is the place that I bought mine.
I'd suggest you give em a call and check out their pricing.
It's in Cdn dollars and you still have to pay +13% HST whether you buy them here at home or abroad in the US.
Keep in mind that you will be paying at least another +35% currency conversion with the Cdn dollar / US Exchange rate.

Let me know how you make out.

Once you drive behind these lights at night you will be astounded at their lighting output and will actually look forward to driving at night! LOL

Dave
Thanks Dave for your reply…however, the ones you just listed above have a different appearance from the ones on your car (which I preferred…) They don't seem to have the 8800 Evolutions anymore…I think they got replaced by the 8800 Evolution 2's … I should've made up my mind earlier, now they've changed and I'm not sure I like them as much as previously.

Claude,
Why not give JW Speaker a call and ask if they have any of the older style avaialble. Part numbers are listed above in the thread.
At the same time, suggest you call Fort Garry Industries in Mississauga, ON. and ask for same. Who knows, they just might happen to have some old stock available.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good Luck.

dave

Here's the comparison between the two styles:
1st: 8800 Evolution :
jw-8800l-2t.jpg

and

2nd: 8800 Evolution 2 :
led-headlight-model-8800-evo-2-high-beam-chrome-front-2016-500x500.jpg

Claude.

Dave, I' ll try giving a call to Fort Garry Industries tomorrow and see what they say… Thanks for the advice. (y)

Maybe on a Honda Civic.....

Stumbled across these 4"x6" LED Projectors from Grote at a recent trade show I was attending. Look very nice and are DOT compliant. Pricing a littler bit more palatable than JW Speakers and look very similar.
Appears to be about 1/2 the price of JW Speakers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GROTE-94421-5-LED-Sealed-Beam-Headlight-Low-Beam-4x6in-/302219342397

http://www.grote.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Grote-4-x-6-LED-Headlamps-GLB2017-192.pdf

Maybe on a Honda Civic.....

Dude you are such a troll. If you don't like what people do with their cars move on. Just like when I was asking about under the hood chrome pieces and you had shit to say about that too. Time to move out of your mom's basement, get rid of your mullet and see if you can actually touch a real woman.

I think a good way to go is convert the 4x6 housing to the type with H4 bulbs then just replace the bulbs with the LED made to replace H4 bulbs. I've done a couple motorcycles and they work great and very impressive. The light pattern will be correct that way and super bright white light.

I plan to do that on my GN soonj