Led headlights

87GN 98GTP

Andrew
Is anyone running led headlights? Found some at not a bad deal and wandering if LED headlights would look better than hid w/ small projector build into the housing

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Is anyone running led headlights? Found some at not a bad deal and wandering if LED headlights would look better than hid w/ small projector build into the housing

those ones over $300 a set on ebay?

The only true LED headlights I know of that come in 4x6 are from JW Speaker and Trucklite. They are EXPENSIVE but DOT approved. I prefer the JW Speaker headlights but the price will have to come down before I get on board. I'd stay away from the Ebay LED headlights. They just look like a bunch of LEDs in a 4 x 6 housing. The cutoff can't be good with those but I guess they can be aimed to minimize glare.

They are eBay for both hids look ok but LEDs are a 100 shipped 4x6s But are Cree 1300 lumens each. Bu unsure of how thy we're project

I installed a set of EBay LED's in a local guys GN and they were bright but we're impossible to aim in a way that didn't blind oncoming traffic. When I first started the install I was gung ho about them was planning to get a set myself but after trying to aim them I decided I didn't want a set after all.

I installed a set of EBay LED's in a local guys GN and they were bright but we're impossible to aim in a way that didn't blind oncoming traffic. When I first started the install I was gung ho about them was planning to get a set myself but after trying to aim them I decided I didn't want a set after all.
I figured the optics wouldn't be too good on those. Cree LEDS are good but they still have to be arranged and focused in a way that makes them usable as headlights. Just putting a bunch of them in a 4 x 6 headlight is not going to work out too well.

I'm playing around on making my own kit right now. I'll let you know how it works out.

Peter

Friend of mine just installed headlights with H4 bulbs and LED "Halos" in his GN. Half of the halo blinks with the turn signal also. Don't know where he got them from.

I'm playing around on making my own kit right now. I'll let you know how it works out.

Peter
Nice to hear, but the technology is relatively new and will be expensive to make until it becomes more common. It would be nice to have a TR specific high beam and low beam kit though. I'll keep an eye out.

I'm trying to debate a hid bulb with a small projector build inside the housing or the LEDs

CAM01275.jpg

CAM01274.jpg

I've never seen LEDs as headlights before, but I usually don't pay attention to stuff like that. I do have Alradcos old HID kit.

Chrisss. Turn them suckers on and let's see what they look like. Just the LEDs though. I've been debating getting rid of my HIDs and going LED but I really like the way my 12000ks look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a few

Only LED on this one * looks awkward because im close up look really good far away a couple feet away look like little eyeballs..

CAM01278.jpg

Farther away shot only LED

CAM01279.jpg