Led headlight low beams

DJ Ross

I’m trying to install a set of led headlights, but the low beams aren’t working, the high beams work great but no low beams. Anyone have this problem or know the fix for it? Thanks ahead of time

I’m trying to install a set of led headlights, but the low beams aren’t working, the high beams work great but no low beams. Anyone have this problem or know the fix for it? Thanks ahead of time

First off, what headlights?
More than likely they are H4 LED bulbs in an aftermarket housing which will plug into the factory light socket, but are not wired correctly.

You will need to re-pin the factory socket.
Looking at the front of the factory socket insert a straight blade eyeglass screwdriver to depress the retention tab and pull the terminal out the back.

You will need to swap the top terminal with the terminal on the right.
Do this to both low beam sockets and you should be golden.

IMG_4911.JPG

If the LED lights you have are suppose to be direct replacements, you may have to get creative.

First off, what headlights?
More than likely they are H4 LED bulbs in an aftermarket housing which will plug into the factory light socket, but are not wired correctly.

You will need to re-pin the factory socket.
Looking at the front of the factory socket insert a straight blade eyeglass screwdriver to depress the retention tab and pull the terminal out the back.

You will need to swap the top terminal with the terminal on the right.
Do this to both low beam sockets and you should be golden.

View attachment 331981

If the LED lights you have are suppose to be direct replacements, you may have to get creative.

Thanks for the intel, it worked like a charm.
423E34CC-45C8-4B42-9DAA-4937A01D3BC8.jpeg

Anyone have details of the pinout for the low beam head lights ? I got some LED and want to make sure I have them connected correctly.
the photo in this thread is gone .
Thanks

When looking at the headlight side of the low beam socket, swap the top and right side female spade pins (connectors).

I’ll se if I can dig up the photo.