LED bulbs are awesome!

BuickMike

Money pit
I bought a whole pile of different automotive bulbs on Amazon and these are great for any car. I bought them initially for the CTS-V Wagon, then had enough left over to do the interior on my F150....Then did all the interior, trunk, hood, and cluster illumination lights on my Mercury Grand Marquis. Next up....the GN. I replaced the interior, trunk, and now the front clear 194 running bulbs since I have clear front lenses. Check this out:

lights-inside.jpg

Any voltage issues by doing that? Usually changing the exterior lights requires an LED flasher.

Any voltage issues by doing that? Usually changing the exterior lights requires an LED flasher.

No issues. These are dimmable and on the exterior, I only swapped the 194 style running lights. The amber blinker lights are still standard bulbs.

V, how is the reflectivity of the LED bulbs as flashers? Did you use the tower style bulbs? I heard the ones that are forward firing tend to look like dots in the lenses instead of traditional incandescent bulbs.

V, how is the reflectivity of the LED bulbs as flashers? Did you use the tower style bulbs? I heard the ones that are forward firing tend to look like dots in the lenses instead of traditional incandescent bulbs.
I have no idea how they look. I'll see if I can find the last guy it ate for lunch and see what he thought. Ha!
I'll see if I can grab a pic. I used the tower style and I know they are a ton brighter for sure!

The tower ones with multiple LED's seem to shine just like regular bulbs. Thanks for the flasher recommendation. I'll grab one when I go all LED. I need an excuse anyway. My flasher still works, but is super slow for some reason.

I did that on all my boats, so I could leave them on and not have to have the generator or engines running at night.

Because the flasher works with the current draw of the bulbs. The LED uses much less current to operate.

I haven't done LED's on my taillights / turn signals yet. The flasher is just slow. Going with a LED bulbs would be a good excuse to replace my flasher.

I got one for the dome light. Works great.
I put one in the third brake light a few months back.

I did the ones in the dash on my 01 GS they are much better. Bought T10's from Amazon, they are a direct replacement for 194's

T10.jpg

LED.jpg