lean conditions

707v6buickman

1987 turbo t that I've been trying to get to run right I have a TE44C Turbo 42.5 pound injectors upgraded fuel pump turbo tweak chip for my setup with scanmaster.
I've been trying to tune it I can't get it to run good. Recently it started running rough the AFR gauge is showing that it's bouncing around from lean to Rich then the last two days it's been really lean. I am wondering if its my chip or computer. My buddy thinks I need. AEM computer to tune my car right. He thinks my computer giving out because this issue. I looked for vacuum leaks counldnt find any. Then I checked fuel pressure its stable. I dolt kmoe what else to to check.

Do you have the matching chip for your combo?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You don't need the AEM computer. Are vac lines original? If not replace them all. The metric sized silicone ones work well. Old cracked lines can leak and you can't find it. Make sure the line at pcv is on securely. O2 sensors can go bad and not code. Denso sensor O2 is good one. AFR gauge is hooked to stock O2 or wideband? Is coil pack/module good?

@pmesfun Yes I have the turbo tweak chip for my combo that why I'm wondering if it my computer since there is no codes. Ill trying replace 02 I have stock with wide band monitor gauge setup.
How do I check the coil pack? @ITSAV6
@bpman1234 I can't drive it how is but I do have Accufab fuel pressure regulator.

Its not really a lean condition. The car is almost wanting to die. The AFR. Gage is bouncing from lean to Rich after being started for 20 seconds. The problem doesn't get better when the car warms up. I'm wondering if the car fuel pump is going out the fuel pressure staying steady but I'm wondering if it's intermittent it's feeling like it's losing fuel pressure I don't know what it could be computer or chip or ESC module

@pmesfun Yes I have the turbo tweak chip for my combo that why I'm wondering if it my computer since there is no codes. Ill trying replace 02 I have stock with wide band monitor gauge setup.
How do I check the coil pack? @ITSAV6
@bpman1234 I can't drive it how is but I do have Accufab fuel pressure regulator.

I am fighting some of the problems like you are having. So far I have found that the starter heat shield was bent down and touching the leads on the starter.

I just put the engine back together and must have dropped the header on it.

I am fighting some of the problems like you are having. So far I have found that the starter heat shield was bent down and touching the leads on the starter.

I just put the engine back together and must have dropped the header on it.
I'm gonna check there next I've check injectors cool pack top part. Sensors need to check mass airflow. I also checked cam sensor. I don't know what else cans make it go lean to rich so much. I tried to drive it and it had a hiccup then seemed to ride smooth. I'm just afraid to step on it

Have you done a leak down test ? I have a feeling you might have a issue with your head gaskets

Have you done a leak down test ? I have a feeling you might have a issue with your head gaskets
No I'm gonna try that too. Today I changed mass air flow, because it had a hiccup from stop to go. Then I found a heated O2 sensor kit I had laying around, so I put it in. Everything ran smooth, so I decided to take a drive first pass was nice then the second pass I got .07 of knock then on the third pass I got 4.0 of knock then my voltage light came on and scan master read 10.0. I check the voltage when I got back to my shop on the back of the alternator it was 13.5-14. Full load battery was a bit low 12.5. The car then read 12.5 on scan master.

No I'm gonna try that too. Today I changed mass air flow, because it had a hiccup from stop to go. Then I found a heated O2 sensor kit I had laying around, so I put it in. Everything ran smooth, so I decided to take a drive first pass was nice then the second pass I got .07 of knock then on the third pass I got 4.0 of knock then my voltage light came on and scan master read 10.0. I check the voltage when I got back to my shop on the back of the alternator it was 13.5-14. Full load battery was a bit low 12.5. The car then read 12.5 on scan master.

Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere