Lean at wot

I think many install in that location. Mine is closer to the turbo.
I had a dp that it was about 12 inches from turbo but I switched dp and that’s where it was so. I guess it won’t hurt to try mid boost since it’s a daily and sees a lot of time in that 3-13 psi range. I’ll set that and take a log trying to hold boost and watch afr and fuel pressure... I wish I could post videos on here...

I had a dp that it was about 12 inches from turbo but I switched dp and that’s where it was so. I guess it won’t hurt to try mid boost since it’s a daily and sees a lot of time in that 3-13 psi range. I’ll set that and take a log trying to hold boost and watch afr and fuel pressure... I wish I could post videos on here...
still cant see the log,so if i got this straight the fp is a 1to1 rise,but does the wb head curve richen up as you move through boost or is it lean then immediatly richen at a certain point?

still cant see the log,so if i got this straight the fp is a 1to1 rise,but does the wb head curve richen up as you move through boost or is it lean then immediatly richen at a certain point?
The 6.1 chip runs off the NB till about 70 percent throttle...and then the WB takes over.

The 6.1 chip runs off the NB till about 70 percent throttle...and then the WB takes over.
Then I’m not even close to getting into the wideband setting... maybe I can turn my boost down to like 5 psi then go actual wot?

Fuel pressure rises. When I’m just cruising it’s around 13.5-14.7:1 and when I get into boost in those logs it stays around that and doesn’t riches at all so I lift out of fear of popping a gasket.

Fuel pressure rises. When I’m just cruising it’s around 13.5-14.7:1 and when I get into boost in those logs it stays around that and doesn’t riches at all so I lift out of fear of popping a gasket.
when its working right you would see that afr react right away.

12 inches is closer than manufacturers suggest.

when its working right you would see that afr react right away.
Oh,it reacts right away when he lets off the throttle. It goes very rich then comes back to 13 -15. I asked him if his MAF arrow is pointed toward the turbo and he said that it is. There was a noticeable improvement when he switched to a different MAF.

but what about getting into throttle?is the wideband stuck or not reading?how does the narrowband react as he moves through the throttle?
He's only opend the throttle to 1.5 volts,but has reached 6 psi boost The wideband richens from 16 to14 when it should be 11.5 -12.0. The narrow band mimics the wideband. It just doesn't move as much.

heres the file for the run where i set the mid boost afr to 10.8... it pulled good and didnt lay over at all. I hit around 10 psi and saw some knock retard because it has 24 degrees of high gear timing and i didnt have the methanol on. at frame 704 of 957, im in boost and the afr is saying 14. something to one, but go to the data page and look at the "ECM AFR" its 11.7:1... What is this and why does it show 11.7 when tAlso the he gauge shown 14.37:1??? Also the o2 are about 740 whick if i remember from my car with the 5.7 chip, is right where it should be on a alky car... Again thanks for all the help.. I did see over 62 psi of fuel pressure at 10 psi boost with the fuel pressure base at 42 psi line on

Attachments

• Boost Drive 04262020.dat
    128.6 KB · Views: 87
Also the maf looks like it is still reading low... around 150-175 and should be around 200-215?

So you decided to go out...knowing it's running lean...and bump the boost even higher...and getting it to knock and decided to turn the alky off as well. This problem has been with you as well when you had the 5.7 chip. 740's is head gasket territory. 780 is the safe zone...below that you have to be on your toes.

From Julio...Upper 700's for 02's. Slide down to tuning.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, guidance and suggestions. I'm 16 and i just put this engine together so i'm learning as i go. I'm not trying to disregard any comments or ideas i'm just trying different things that different people are suggesting. I really do appreciate all of this. I will go get a new o2 sensor tomorrow when the parts store opens.