LC1 wideband with newest SD chip

trixdout

So I've been reading up on SD and have come t
o the realization of how easy it. All thanks to Eric's awesome demonstration video on how to change the VE tables. Didn't know he makes it that easy with the shadow circle. Anyways, to get to the point, I went ahead and installed the lc1 wideband sensor and for the most part it does its job. I would love to have run the 6.1/2 whatever the wideband chip is but I've got hesitations with this lc1. On any log I have, you can see that when I let off on the throttle, the wideband sometimes (very frequently actually), spikes to max 22.2, which is super lean. Essentially it doesn't react fast enough to the change in exhaust makeup when letting off. After a few seconds it comes back down to normal operating numbers. It's done this since day one. While accelerating, it does its job and is fairly steady and shows accurate numbers.

Besides the option of getting a different wideband like the aem, or a different one other than the innovative lc1/2, could I potentially run the SD chip or a wideband chip without ill effects? I'm pretty sure that because it doesn't react fast enough I may blow my engine. Chip will react to what my wideband reads and screw up the fueling. Or am I overthinking this? Can someone help me make a choice? Potentially point me to a wideband that will work and is faster than the lc1?

I'll also upload this log to show you what I mean.

Attachments

• QuickSave.005.dat
    867 KB · Views: 50
Its not the wide band causing the afr spike on decel, it's decel fuel cut off or (DFCO). A function of the chip.

The lc1 is one of the faster responding wide band systems. Thats not the problem.

Yes you could run a sd chip with the lc1 no problem.

Rick

Its not the wide band causing the afr spike on decel, it's decel fuel cut off or (DFCO). A function of the chip.

The lc1 is one of the faster responding wide band systems. Thats not the problem.

Yes you could run a sd chip with the lc1 no problem.

Rick
Aha. Well that explains that. So it seems as though I have the lc1 connected properly. It was always weird that I saw that spike, but didn't see it on others setups with other widebands. I guess their wb sensors were not as responsive as quickly. My lack of understanding that is programmed into the chip shows this. Thank you for that insight. Explains a fair share now.

I guess its on to researching some more about the wideband chip and sd chip.