Last GN for sale???

Just called,went to voicemail,any guess on what he is asking,nothing I cant stand more than an ad with no price,right away they know that their asking too much.;)

All the workers signed the last one off the line that went to the collector. That was the last turbo car built in that plant. I ran into a guy that said his gn was one of the last ones built in canada.BS. All the turbo cars were built in the same plant by the same people.

Bob Colvin in Louisiana owns the last GN produced and last G body car to roll off the Pontiac Michigan assembly line in late December 1987. They did build TRs in Canada as David (forget his last name) from Toronto has an all black 87 Limited with no emblems on it that VP of Buick Canada Group owned or something along those lines.

There were actually TWO "last" GN's made. One that had the last VIN and one that was actually the last one down the line. One belongs to a collector and the other one was owned by a GM employee. Doubt if the one on CL was the collectors.

http://www.gnregistry.org/images/LastGN_Built.jpg
I am not sure where the last VIN car was on the line that day. But I do know for a fact it wasn't in last (or even second to last) on the line. A Monte was on the line in front of the actual last GN built. My best guess is this car MIGHT have the last VIN. But in no way was it the last built by any definition.

Bob Colvin in Louisiana owns the last GN produced and last G body car to roll off the Pontiac Michigan assembly line in late December 1987. They did build TRs in Canada as David (forget his last name) from Toronto has an all black 87 Limited with no emblems on it that VP of Buick Canada Group owned or something along those lines.
Exactly. I was just sitting IN the last GN built less than two weeks ago (Mr. Colvin lives about 45 minutes from my parents). The car in this ad is definitely NOT the last GN built.

Here are a few pics of the real deal last GN.

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

I emailed the guy. He sent me pics of some documentation.

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

Looks like it's the last VIN car. I might have to call Bob and see if he wants this one to go with the real last one built. Although this guy apparently wants $120K for it.

This car was raffled off from Fisher body to its employees. From what I know employees got tickets for working x amount of days in a row without any absences and working overtime when asked. Basically good employee benefit. And this guy won it. Friend I know just talked with him last week. He said he only paid 2 dollars for a title transfer fee. He drove it about 3miles to his house and that is it. Looked at it as a retirement fund. Doesnt look like a very nice place where its stored. I was told there are a few scratches on it, not sure how properly stored it was.

One is the last assembled and the other is the highest/last VIN.

I would think that the one that was signed by all the GM employeees and documented in several magazines as the last built would be the more valuable.

Pete

One is the last assembled and the other is the highest/last VIN.

I would think that the one that was signed by all the GM employeees and documented in several magazines as the last built would be the more valuable.

Pete
I would agree. To me, the last one built is just that. A last VIN, while cool, isn't remotely as valuable IMO.

The documentation on the last VIN car is misleading, though. It states in one letter that it was the last car built. Unfortunately for him, there is video proof (both GM Archive as well as personal home video) showing that the car in Louisiana is the last to go down the line. As the car is coming down the line, you can look behind it and see people removing tools and air hoses and starting to shut stuff down in the plant.

Photo of facts and figures book. Last GN turbo cover.

Attachments

• last GN.jpg
    last GN.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 223
OK so now the next question would be who owns the last t-type built?
And was it built after the last gn????:cool:

Couldn't have been after the last GN as the plant closed it's doors behind the last GN (last G-body, period).