WTF happened here?

There is a reason why I choose to leave the for sale section fully intact.

It "helps" to keep people honest. People used to buy cars or parts etc, ask to have the old ad deleted so they could jack the price up or lie after trying to polish a turd....

I see it almost daily on another type of board I visit. They have a huge for sale section and they allow self moderation. Well there is always people claiming ads where changed or people lied about condition etc....
Ahh ok i get it, i'm sure there's a lot of unseen reasons for things running a huge board like this.

I gravitate to the super old threads. Better written, explained & argued often times.. miss some of the old posters; Ormand, Carl ijames, Bruce Plecan, Steve Wood to name a few.. always serves to me as a reminder to keep things small and simple with these cars when I come across those old threads in the archives, not interested in 3500 stall speed converters and 160# Injectors.........yet

I gravitate to the super old threads. Better written, explained & argued often times.. miss some of the old posters; Ormand, Carl ijames, Bruce Plecan, Steve Wood to name a few.. always serves to me as a reminder to keep things small and simple with these cars when I come across those old threads in the archives, not interested in 3500 stall speed converters and 160# Injectors.........yet
Yea loved ijames learned a lot from him. and Mr.Wood was a wealth of information.

he still is. ...over at ihadav8.com

The 'old' threads were much easier to give out tech advice. There were less people looking to hear what they wanted to hear. Instead of people looking for an actual answer.

he still is. ...over at ihadav8.com

The 'old' threads were much easier to give out tech advice. There were less people looking to hear what they wanted to hear. Instead of people looking for an actual answer.

I wonder if he ever got that 74(?) Challenger on the road.

Put my vote in as using the board for research and going back to look at old articles. Back in the early 2000’s I used to print off tons of stuff, race recipes, advice on how to run my personal gear, and giving advice on how to get others up and running. For some strange reason a lot people don’t share too much info anymore, if some one has a question , we are quick to refer them to a link or board member. Gray when you have a functional archive system. If you have a GN they all may look the exact same on the outside but as soon as you pop the hood, you see all of the differences. No two are alike, I like pics and would have never figured out my twin turbo configuration with an electric water pump, alternator, moroso vacuum pump, idler gear bracket, oil pump, belt routing and etc....I own a low voltage company that wire up server rooms desk locations and cameras in large companies. I know first hand how much wiring, equipment racks , WiFi networks, servers, and hard drive space is required to run a corporation but zero about a web based server. Very large companies have to have document retention schedules to purge really old documents that become obsolete or irrelevant to the technology change. New soft and hardware gobbles up more storage than what it replaces. The most resourceful guys are the old schoolers that printed off what they weren’t supposed to or refused to discard the material. Every job has that person. The big decision comes down to relevance of the preservation of the board and possibly a back to the back up in storage.