KR at low boost

captndave737

I'm trying to figure out the KR right around 11# of boost. It looks like the actual fuel ratio goes slightly below target but I'm not sure what's going on.

Attachments

• Low Boost KR.PNG
    Low Boost KR.PNG
    307.6 KB · Views: 134
Looks like it's going lean and adding add fuel based on the target.
Voltage seems low and fuel pressure seems low as well.

Target is 12.1 but actual is 13.38. I agree with Jerryl about the fuel pressure and voltage. Disclamer. I'm a TT chip and PL guy. :) An XFI wizard needs to look at this. Mr Spool would be a good source. Bison and PACECARTA don't check in much.

Batt volts low, Needs fuel at that area of map as its adding 12% post VE table as well as AFR and Timing table snap shots

I'm getting about a 1.5v difference between the the Alternator and what the Sportsman reads. I'm not sure where it reads from but I'm getting a voltage drop from something.

I'm not sure why it's going lean but it seems to do it in the same place every time and nowhere else! I'll recheck he FP, I might not have it calibrated correctly. New DW 400 fuel pump and hotwire. Maybe time to rebuild the regulator.

I'm getting about a 1.5v difference between the the Alternator and what the Sportsman reads. I'm not sure where it reads from but I'm getting a voltage drop from something.

I'm not sure why it's going lean but it seems to do it in the same place every time and nowhere else! I'll recheck he FP, I might not have it calibrated correctly. New DW 400 fuel pump and hotwire. Maybe time to rebuild the regulator.
ok i agree with those above,but lets get into how this is happpening.there may be a few reasons.this might be tough over the internet but here it goes questions.1how are you controlling the volts to the dw400?is this an e85 car?if so what fuel filter or filters?and the last time injectors were cleaned.also what fuel regulator are you using?have you had this spike just recently?if so when did it start?the 400 flows alot of fuel even with low volts.

ok i agree with those above,but lets get into how this is happpening.there may be a few reasons.this might be tough over the internet but here it goes questions.1how are you controlling the volts to the dw400?is this an e85 car?if so what fuel filter or filters?and the last time injectors were cleaned.also what fuel regulator are you using?have you had this spike just recently?if so when did it start?the 400 flows alot of fuel even with low volts.
Where the hell you been...bout time you checked in. :)

93 and Alky. DW 400 is 2 years old with about 3k miles. New injectors at the same time, flow matched 80's. Fuel filter is racetronix. I prefer little to no correction so I have to figure it out.I haven't run a log in 18 months so I'm not sure when it started. I'm watching the 2 long videos on the facebook group now. I was getting pretty familiar with things a couple of years ago but haven't messed with it since. When I figure out how to do it I'll post snapshots of the tables.

How fresh is your fuel? Alky fresh too?

Here are some tables. It's obvious that one of the VE cells was off right where the knock occurred. I'm sure I messed it up somewhere along the line since I got the initial calibration from Cal. I changed the cell so I'll see what happens on the next run. The battery voltage at the alternator/ hotwire is 14.2 V but only reading 12.8 on the ECM and 13.0 on my gauge. I guess I have to chase down some corroded connections somewhere.

I also re calibrated the Fuel pressure sensor. I checked with 2 mechanical gauges and they disagreed by 4# !!! I used the one i had attached to the fuel rail for years.

I also re calibrated the TPS since I had it off while the engine was out of the car last month.

Attachments

• VE off.PNG
    VE off.PNG
    425.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Fuel VE & knock.PNG
    Fuel VE & knock.PNG
    423.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
It's obvious that one of the VE cells was off right where the knock occurred. I'm sure I messed it up somewhere along the line since I got the initial calibration from Cal. I changed the cell so I'll see what happens on the next run.
yes,some cells are not optimal.are you tuning this car or is cal?

yes,some cells are not optimal.are you tuning this car or is cal?
I am. All the VE cells are from Cal. I have 9.47:1 compression so it may be a little different than most. The only things I’ve changed from his initial set up are some of the fuel cells in cruise which I’ve leaned. The only other change I’ve made since it was on the dyno At RC’s last year is installing a caspers volt booster.

I am. All the VE cells are from Cal. I have 9.47:1 compression so it may be a little different than most. The only things I’ve changed from his initial set up are some of the fuel cells in cruise which I’ve leaned. The only other change I’ve made since it was on the dyno At RC’s last year is installing a caspers volt booster.
sometimes the cars dont make it on the street the way they make it on the dyno,and there needs to be adjustments or finer tuning.there are many reasons for this as humidity,air temp,load values are not constant.if you feel confident in tuning the car then start by adding fuel in the cells your seeing knock and address the volt gaps.if the correction tightens up,then your on the right path,if it doesnt then something in the mechanical delivery sytem is off.if you test everything and are still struggling you can pm me the tune and i will help.