Koenigsegg Jesko debut Geneva Auto Show 2019

Undercover87T

Maryland MAGNA Rep
Staff member
Some of you know that Koenigsegg is by far my favorite car company. Every part of the cars, aside from tires, are designed, built and tested in house. Today they released the Agera/Agera RS replacement (current world's fastest production car record holder), the Jesko, which is named after Christian von Koenigsegg's father. 125 will be built, and they have taken deposits for 90 already. I could listen to Christian talk all day. His knowledge and enthusiasm are incredible yet he stays very humble.
Basics: 5.0 twin turbo V8 1280hp on 91oct and 1600hp on E85, 9 speed 7 clutch transaxle, 3080lb with all fluids, 2200lbs + of down force, 300+ mph top speed (low down force model).
Geneva press launch
First look at the factory by Shmee150

koenigsegg-jesko.jpg

When I was having my tech career/entrepreneurial crisis back after 9/11, I wanted to try following my dream with cars and I applied for jobs with Koenigsegg, Lamborghini and others. Didn't get in but I tried. Great company.

I thought the Hennessey car set the record over Koenigsegg???

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wonder if either car will conform to the requirements of " The Green New Deal?"

When I was having my tech career/entrepreneurial crisis back after 9/11, I wanted to try following my dream with cars and I applied for jobs with Koenigsegg, Lamborghini and others. Didn't get in but I tried. Great company.

I thought the Hennessey car set the record over Koenigsegg???

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Hennessey Venom went 270mph and they claim the new F5 will do 300. Have no doubt the Jesko will go faster. The Koenigsegg Agera RS went 285mph bouncing off the rev limiter so really it could have gone in the 290s (two way average of 277.9). They actually set 5 records that day, one being 0-250-0 in 33 seconds vs the Bugatti Chiron's 42 seconds. The Chiron has only done 261, but they haven't run it without a limiter yet.

Koenigsegg Agera RS top speed run
Koenigsegg Agera RS 0-250-0
Hennessey Venom GT top speed run
Bugatti Chiron top speed run