kirbans window rattle book

jlat

hello people: I bought one a couple years ago and I'm getting serious about fixing my window issues. Reading thru it now and new to me the book (not really a book) talks about the flow thru ventilation system that alows the air to exit thru the pressure relief valves located in the door jams. I never heard of anything like that have youz?
IBBY

hello people: I bought one a couple years ago and I'm getting serious about fixing my window issues. Reading thru it now and new to me the book (not really a book) talks about the flow thru ventilation system that alows the air to exit thru the pressure relief valves located in the door jams. I never heard of anything like that have youz?
IBBY
That's what they are there for.
Slam a door, drive with the windows up at high speed, the vents supposedly help relieve cabin pressure.
Not sure they work, tho.
My 86 trapped at 142. At exactly the same place on the track, about the 1000' mark, the door glasses would pop over the retainer tabs.
Either low exterior psi or elevated cabin psi???

It's in the 1/4 panel part of the door jamb, right above the striker.

Attachments

• Pressure relief valve.jpg
    Pressure relief valve.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 39
hello people: I thought that was just a vent. So if U take it off what am I gonna see?
IBBY

A hole.
Not you,:D , but just an open space behind it in the 1/4 panel.

It's nothing but a vent. Like the ones in new car 1/4 panels for the huge plastic bumper covers to vent through as they scoop up air at 70 MPH.....

Last edited:
Be sure to drill out every loose rivet and replace with bolts that have locking nuts esp on the door handles. Also mark every bolts before making any adjustments. I replaces window sweeps and the rollers at the same time plus put por15 down at the bottom of the door with some dynomat since the windows were out. Can take awhile but mines super quiet now

Be sure to drill out every loose rivet and replace with bolts that have locking nuts esp on the door handles. Also mark every bolts before making any adjustments. I replaces window sweeps and the rollers at the same time plus put por15 down at the bottom of the door with some dynomat since the windows were out. Can take awhile but mines super quiet now
hello: where did U get your sweeps.
IBBY

Attachments

• 375C9EB1-33B4-4E94-B7EC-2302164AA187.jpeg
    375C9EB1-33B4-4E94-B7EC-2302164AA187.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 40C68C07-C126-40D3-B299-76799920799F.jpeg
    40C68C07-C126-40D3-B299-76799920799F.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 70