Kirban's tool tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnxtc2

Staff member
Looking for gray carpeted, molded tool tray that went over the hood latch/rad support. These were sold by Kirban years ago. I think the guy that made them, stopped making them. Who knows were the mold is????

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I do…the tooling went in the trash some years ago….I actually came up with the design and had the tooling made when I was worked with the manufacture on another project. The company was sold and the new people trough out my tooling without my consent. There was nothing I could do about it and to be honest I was not upset. It took me some time to finally sell the initial run of 125 parts I had made. I really like the Tool - Mat and still use it today. Hope you can find a used one ….I had a couple of extra Mats but my Prototype was lost or barrowed (taken) at one of the events I went to. If I fined an extra one I my basement I will let you know.

Requires new tooling and someone willing to run a short run production.....estimated New tooling cost..6250.00 at the cheapest....Part cost in addition to tooling $25.00 each both estimates and most likely low....number of people that will PAY for the price I need to pay for my costs????? You see where I am going on this.....Do not get me wrong I would like to make these again, but it is not a good business decision.

Wow talk about getting jacked... lol. Someone else starts the thread and you buy it without even giving the poor guy a chance.. I want one too..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Requires new tooling and someone willing to run a short run production.....estimated New tooling cost..6250.00 at the cheapest....Part cost in addition to tooling $25.00 each both estimates and most likely low....number of people that will PAY for the price I need to pay for my costs????? You see where I am going on this.....Do not get me wrong I would like to make these again, but it is not a good business decision.

Maybe use a different type of form/mold???

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Here is some pics of it being used on my GN. I will sell mine for $500. :D
tray 002.jpg
tray 003.jpg
tray 001.jpg

Billy (gnxtc2) I hope that ghost rider does the right thing & sends this tool tray your way. ;)

I ended up picking up a used one only by total fluke just over a year ago. I had heard alot about these over the years and stumbled accross one that Dennis Kirban was selling (used) in his Inner Circle newsletter. Well I didn't even have to wait to see a picture & grabbed it sight unseen as I knew exactly what I was getting. If ghost rider doesn't come thru for ya....don't worry....keep looking. I'm sure one will find its way to you sooner or later.
Keep the faith brother! :)

PS - Got the Tiano Motorsports lap top holder installed.....looks & works beauty! :D

Thanks
dave

Vacuum-form machine, Mold ,Mold-able carpet material ,Fret material for the edge and a sewing machine and you are in business .....

Status
Not open for further replies.