kirbans hydroboost

jlat

hello people: Has any tried the unit he sells? I've been thinking more and more on the conversion. I about ready to make a move....
IBBY

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
Make sure he has em as the reman units seem to be in short supply. I just bought the hb unit for an 84, a Cadillac mc and the lines for the 84 setup from Rock auto. Then some line and a tee to return the fluid back to the reservoir. I like the setup and would recommend a new proportioning valve on the frame while you have it apart. Also figure on flushing the brake fluid and power steering fluid while you have it apart.

But a vast bunch have plenty of success with the vac setup.

jlat

hello; Did you change your pump? I was told you do you have to non stock.. I did pick up a kit (not Kirban) and it's in but not complete. What lines did you use?
IBBY

Lockman

Appreciate and Admire other' s Knowledge
Make sure he has em as the reman units seem to be in short supply. I just bought the hb unit for an 84, a Cadillac mc and the lines for the 84 setup from Rock auto. Then some line and a tee to return the fluid back to the reservoir. I like the setup and would recommend a new proportioning valve on the frame while you have it apart. Also figure on flushing the brake fluid and power steering fluid while you have it apart.

But a vast bunch have plenty of success with the vac setup.
Everything that Texas T says did mine last winter , best set up ......Bar None
White City, NY

jlat

hello people: My HB is in but not totally. The thing holding me back is the connection at the steering box. It's frozen big time. Some minor other stuff but that's it. I 'm not going to say it was fun but an experience. It did suck doing it in my driveway made with cobble stones but I'm almost there.
IBBY