Kirban truck kit instructions

Rosey1968

I bought a 11 piece truck kit off the member of the board and I understand how to install everything but the trunk lid piece.

Anyone know how that attaches to the trunk lid?

thanks.

I made my own piece for the trunk lid and it's a challenge to get it to stay and not sag. Velcro wasn't strong enough. I used some of those plastic "rivits" and drilled some holes. The edge closest to the rear window doesn't have much room for error there. I've used some double sided gorilla tape, but in the heat of the summer it's iffy at best. Good luck. I wish someone still made one w/Turbcharged and power 6 embroidered on it.

I bought a 11 piece truck kit off the member of the board and I understand how to install everything but the trunk lid piece.

Anyone know how that attaches to the trunk lid?

thanks.

I installed my Kirban kit in ‘91 or ‘92 (I don’t remember if it was 9pc or 11pc) using liquid contact cement we had at work for headliners. The trunk lid is still holding well. I’m sure the 3M 77 spray adhesive will work. It seems they had an 88 spay adhesive that was a heavy duty version. Check what the new numbers are.

DON’T USE GENERIC BRANDED SPRAY ADHESIVES, they will not stay.
I had to re-glue the headliner in my ‘85 S15 Jimmy after 2 months due to this.

thanks for the info... that is what I thought... just wanted to be sure before going that route.

thanks!