Kirban Triple Contest Update

Dennis Kirban

All 3 vehicles that were the contest cars that I ran did sell at Mecum yesterday and today. Notably has been noted various threads the 15,000 mile GN hardtop fetched 41 grand, the Morris Minor Tow Truck as hard as it is for me to believe sold at 41 grand. The GNX 547 probably holds the rank as the highest selling 1986-1987 Turbo powered Regal at a cool 220 grand.

All these are sold prices do not reflect any additional buyer fees such as the $14 hamburgers you could buy at this event. The advantage of a captive audience. I am told the winner of the GNX was a phone in bidder so I assume the buyer may remain unknown?

If anyone can confirm the Morris Minor tow truck I like to hear from you but that appears to be the price. If you own a GN or a GNX this has to give you a good warm feeling and quell any issues with your spouse that its money well spent. Afterall you keep companies like myself in business. I been down this road before with the GTOs buying them for $500 thinking 2 grand was huge money for nice ones. They change hands at auctions at 50 grand and better.

In looking back at my chart in 2007 the most I got for a GN was $32,500 which was very strong money car had 4,900 miles on it. A 1987 model. Of the 13 I sold that year 3 others were in the 20 grand range.

On GNXs the very first one I sold was in 2001 for $13,900 it had 179,000 miles on it, and the buyer drove it home to TN with no issues a one owner 100% original example. Sold in just 24 hours. In 2003 I sold one with 10,000 miles on it for $34,900 again sold in 24 hours.

Like many readers of this post :"Had I been Smarter......." I am sure we all can cite examples from our past.

Our winners etc of the 3 contest cars will be notified and will be in our next weeks Inner Circle.

denniskirban@yahoo.com