Kirban Front Frame Brace

gnx139

Anyone know if the Kirban front frame brace (the longer one) will fit with a bigger SLIC? I have the PTE SLIC on the car and the only one of the two separate smaller front braces will fit as the IC gets in the way. Was wondering if the longer one would fit.

I've got Kirban's large front frame brace and his two smaller ones mounted with my Precision SLIC, no problem here.
Guess I"m one of the luck ones as I've heard of others that can run the 2 smaller braces without hitting the intercooler.

Any chance you could take a pic of the set up in the near future. I went under the car again and the passenger side one is blocked due to the Precision SLIC. Not sure what/where the issue is if it is working for you and others.

Make a plate to lower the mounting points of the two bars on the cross member. Now the bar that goes side to side I've heard it doesn't work with a stretched intercooler but I never tried.

Any chance you could take a pic of the set up in the near future. I went under the car again and the passenger side one is blocked due to the Precision SLIC. Not sure what/where the issue is if it is working for you and others.

I'll take a few pictures tonight and post .

Thanks,,,pics would be great. I put them on the car at least 20 years ago when it had the stock IC and they fit fine. They have been laying around taking up space and I wanted to put them back on but the passenger side is blocked by the PTE SLIC. Driver side fits great. I may just try the single bar that goes beneath the radiator if I can't get the other one on.

gnx139, here's some pics of Kirban's 3 piece front brace with Precision SLIC on my car.

Attachments

• Kirban Brace7.JPG
    Kirban Brace7.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Kirban Brace6.JPG
    Kirban Brace6.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Kirban Brace5.JPG
    Kirban Brace5.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Kirban Brace4.JPG
    Kirban Brace4.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 197
  • Kirban Brace3.JPG
    Kirban Brace3.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Kirban Brace2.JPG
    Kirban Brace2.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Kirban Brace1.JPG
    Kirban Brace1.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 214
Thank yu much. Looks like the driver side brace has plenty of room and a little close on the passenger side. The cross brace that runs parallel looks snug with the PTE also?

The passenger leg has some witness marks on it, so it is very close and obviously has touched at some point in time, but not rubbing consistently.
The front brace does fit "tight", but didn't have to massage anything, it fits with no problems. If things seem to be a little challenged for space up front, it's probably due to being squeezed by the Alradco Radiator and Ramcharger Dual Fans I have installed.

I've heard ,As Undercover87T suggested, to have a small rectangular steel plate made up, drill and tap it and mount your two side bars to the centre point of your frame on these. Should space the two side bars slightly away from the larger SLIC.